Senior Sterilisation Microbiologist
Senior Sterilisation Microbiologist
A lead medical device company in the midlands is looking to hire a Senior Sterilisation Microbiologist on a permanent basis. This role is based in Westmeath which is commutable from Galway, Roscommon and Meath.
The Senior Sterilisation Microbiologist has the responsibility and authority to provide scientific support for microbiological evaluation of medical devices, processes and materials.
The position will be responsible for completion of sterilization validations(s) and cleanroom microbiological evaluations. The position provides technical guidance to engineers and /or project management. This position requires knowledge of ethylene oxide sterilization per ISO 11135 and have strong report writing skills.
- Manages the sterilization and microbiological testing necessary to meet manufacturing and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for maintaining compliance to all regulations and standards relevant to job responsibilities
- Manage technical projects from protocol development, laboratory testing, data analysis through final report generation
- Manage environmental trending as required by regulations to ensure compliance for critical systems
- Develops, validates, and implements controlled environment methods
- Perform various microbiological or chemical evaluations encompassing USP/AAMI biological testing, ETO residuals and other alternative sterilization methods
- Provides technical support for new product development and manufacturing processes related to microbiological quality
- Meets and occasionally exceeds the duties and responsibilities of the job and Core Competencies
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System
Key Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree is required (Level 8). Master’s degree in Microbiology or other life sciences is preferred.
Required Years of Experience
- 5+ years of medical device industry experience in microbiology and sterilization
- General maths, general and analytical chemistry knowledge
- Microbiology laboratory skills
- Experience with Ethylene Oxide Sterilisation as per ISO 11135. This includes validations, re-qualifications, and routine production.
- Knowledge of industrial microbiology, microbiological quality control, medical device sterilization methods, and medical device GMPs.
- Knowledge of applied microbiological theory and practices including inactivation kinetics, and medical device sterilization methods.
- Microbiology laboratory skills including volumetric measurement, media preparation, microbial enumeration techniques, autoclave operation and laboratory safety.
- Basic maths, algebraic maths, with ability to calculate serial dilutions, scientific exponents, proportional concentrations and graphing skills.
- Knowledge of Cleanroom environmental monitoring.
- Computer skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
For further information on this Senior Sterilisation Microbiologist role in Westmeath please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Sterilisation Microbiologist A lead medical device company in the midlands is looking to hire a Senior Sterilisation Microbiologist on…
Senior R&D Engineer My multinational medical device manufacturing client whom are ranked among the top 10 global companies in the…
Senior Systems Engineer Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer…