Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Packaging)
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist for their site.
Responsible for developing and executing optimal commodity & sourcing strategies. Establish & enhance Supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, whilst reducing or mitigating risk in the Supply Chain. Responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and aligning on optimal sourcing strategies to develop and implement one common Commodity Strategy for the assigned category. Responsible for developing a Supplier Database that identifies and categorises potential suppliers by commodity and region to increase the value proposition and reduce TCO.
- Provide strategic influence while building value-add relationships with engaged 3rd party suppliers and respective internal stakeholders to increase sourcing efficiency.
- Promotes and works towards balanced continuous (year-on-year) value improvement for all aspects of quality, service and cost with assigned supply base. Manages supplier performance and identifies Value Improvement Program's to improve TCO accordingly.
- Ensures optimal balance between collaborative engagement and competitive pressure to ensure maximum value is realised.
- Negotiates value improvements and manages optimal supplier contracts.
- Assists in the Supplier Stratification activities and develops capability roadmaps with Supplier Engineering and Commodity Management as part of the Commodity Strategy.
- Manages strategic supplier relationships in line with the Commodity Strategy and understands the strategic differentiators for each supplier.
- Interacts with Site Operational Procurement Teams.
- Owns annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as crisis or systematic issue resolution.
- Establish early, new supplier involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports companies Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Gathers Market Intelligence and trends for the Commodity and Sub-Commodities.
- Define, build and plan alignment on Commodity Strategy for assigned commodity.
- Identifies risks within the commodity and works closely with stakeholders to eliminate or take mitigating actions for strategic risks.
- Leads R&D communications related to the Commodity and facilitates the identification and evaluation of new materials or technologies to cover current and potential future company requirements.
- Build alignment between business needs and market dynamics.
- Identifies insourcing and outsourcing opportunities.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in key sourcing categories that results in a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Guide respective internal leads through a holistic & systematic category approach to material & supplier selection and management.
- Establish early involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Identifies all suitable suppliers per commodity and region per sample RFQ and develops comprehensive supplier knowledge & database.
- Works closely with and engages on proactive information sharing with other Global Sourcing Team Members to optimize supply base.
- Develops Should-Cost Models for major sub-commodities.
- Analyses data and develops tools to manage the Commodity.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports company's Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 6 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management Experience in a manufacturing environment. Medical Device experience is an advantage.
- Hetac Level 8 degree in relevant field
- Or Hetac Level 8 degree in none related field plus Diploma in relevant field.
For further information on this Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist role in Galway please contact Roisin Mcnamara on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval