Senior Supplier Engineer
Senior Supplier Engineer
A leading medical device manufacturing company is recruiting for a Senior Supplier Engineer to work in their Materials Supplier Engineering Team. This concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities. The Materials Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
This role is a permanent position based in Galway but commutable from Clare or Mayo.
- Technical lead on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Demonstrates Technical Leadership skills in Commodity Management.
- Responsible for Establishing & Achieving business objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Drives Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Identifies and Drives Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor of Science (NFQ level 8/ 240 credits) in Engineering, Life Science or Physics
- People management experience is mandatory.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in Supplier Management.
- Experience in Medical Device industry is preferred.
- General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards
- Well organised, able to fix priorities, respect deadlines and work on your own initiative.
- Able to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
- At ease working under general direction regarding the progress of projects and special assignments
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solver person, ability to work on own initiative
- 6 Sigma qualification an advantage
- Working knowledge of supplier interaction an advantage
For further information on this Senior Supplier Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Production Supervisor We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our Polymer Core Technology department in an Evening…
Maintenance Engineer – Junior 24 month contract As an all-round Maintenance Engineer you are responsible for: Maintaining, revising and modifying:…
Quality Engineer A leading Medical Device company in Galway is looking to hire a Quality Engineer for their site on…