Senior Supplier Engineer
Senior Supplier Engineer
A leading medical device manufacturing compnany is recruiting for a Senior Supplier Engineer. The Senior Supplier Engineer will design and develop manufacturing processes, equipment, and systems to meet manufacturing delivery goals while reducing cost and ensuring product quality. This role is a permanent position based in Galway but commutable from Clare or Mayo.
- Manage projects which include new production equipment, process improvements, and cost reductions while supporting day to day operations success of assigned key suppliers.
- Works cooperatively with R&D, Process Development, Quality, Production, Regulatory, Equipment Engineering, Supply Chain, and Marketing to ensure project success.
- Successfully contributes to both new product development and current product support, typically including the following activities: process capability studies, process development, Six Sigma and Value Improvement projects, report preparation and process/test documentation.
- Ability to independently designs and coordinate engineering tests and experiments including Design of Experiments.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot new and existing product/process problems related to design, material, or processes.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documents to communicate results to the technical community.
- May lead cross-functional project teams.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to operators/technicians .
- Submit and manage Change Requests to support manufacturing changes
Education, Experinec eand Skills
- NFQ level 8 in Engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years’ experience
- Proven organization and execution skills
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and implement solutions
- Proven leader and team player with the ability to drive tasks / projects to completion
- Willing and able to work with engineers and technical staff from a SFMD Supplier at a different site.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to travel 25% of the time. Travel typically does not occur over weekends.
For further information on this Senior Supplier Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.