Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer for their site.
- At our Supplier Quality department, we partner with the company’s suppliers to deliver the highest quality and most reliable products to our customers within the CVG organization.
- The Supplier Quality role works with external suppliers and in a cross-functional team on a daily basis to resolve supplier related issues, drive continuous improvement while driving key quality metrics across the Galway Campus. Part of a larger team within supplier quality department, this role would support new product development and post market quality for components supplied to Galway.
- Work closely with continuity engineering team to drive continuous improvement and robust corrective actions through problem solving techniques at supplier to prevent recurrence of issues, and ultimately deliver high-quality products to customers
- Coach, develop and support team members in supplier quality activities
- Delivering cost-down projects through supplier-owned quality and certification of products
- Communicate with management and business unit teams on a regular basis on supplier performance
- Develop strong partnerships with cross functional groups and provide quality leadership within these groups
- Support in the review of supplier changes, coordinating activities with suppliers and with internal cross-functional support teams to develop and implement appropriate strategies to qualify and support the change
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place at supplier, based on risk associated with product or service
- Provide expert QE technical direction input to component qualification strategies and documentation in conjunction with project teams to ensure high standards are in place Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality standards are met.
- Define Receiving Inspection requirements as required and associated test method validation for all internal Medtronic Test Methods.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for a person qualified to Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Level 8 NFQ) in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Science or technical field)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or less with an advanced degree
- You are a dynamic team player, can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams with good communication and technical writing skills
- Initiates and Leads Change, Collaborates and Creates Alignment, Drives Accountability and Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions.
- There is a competitive Salary and flexible Benefits Package on offer.
For further information on this Senior Suplier Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Alan on 0860462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.