Telephone: 086 0449371
Senior Supply Chain Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Supply Chain Manager for their site.
What will I be doing
- The Supply Chain Manager plays a key role in the development and execution of our strategic plan for the company.
- This position involves the effective management of the Supply Chain and is responsible for sourcing/procurement (goods & services), supplier management, MPS/MRP, material receipt/storage/issue, invoicing, shipment and distribution in and out of the Galway facility.
- Effective Supplier Management is a key part of the role, ensuring suppliers are aligned and positioned so that goals and objectives are achieved.
- Managing and ensuring manufacturing output is aligned to net requirements and inventory/cash flow objectives are achieved is also key.
- The role also includes meeting Global Sales & Marketing, Corporate Planning & Logistics and Strategic Sourcing expectations by providing efficient service and clear communication in the areas of Plant Performance.
- Works with the Site Leadership team on implementing strategy, continuous improvement and site objectives
- Leading a team responsible for achieving commitments to demand forecasting, capacity planning, inventory management & purchasing
- Establishing and measuring key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to the Galway Supply chain
- Developing talent within the department and setting goals and managing employees performance
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers, conducting regular Business Reviews with key suppliers reviewing performance, capacity, sustainability, risk mitigation etc.
- Build effective relationships with supply chain partners (Sourcing, Supply Chain and other functions)
Work to improve our Quality Culture through compliance with the "Quality Begins With Me" program (example 'See Something, Say Something')
What do I need
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management., Engineering, Business, or related field.
- With 10 -15years relevant experience.
- Experience working in a large matrixed organisation is desirable as is APICS qualification.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with Supply chain and Operations.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this Senior Supply Chain Manager role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval