Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Reports To: Senior Supply Chain Manager
This is a leadership position with the opportunity to significantly impact the successful transformation and operation of IDDM’s supply chain.
This position is accountable for managing Supply Chain & Logistics Operations for Europe, ensuring product availability, compliance, supply chain cost effectiveness and efficient execution of logistics activities. As part of the global supply chain network, this position is expected to develop partnerships and foster cross functional collaboration between site leadership teams, global support functions such as Purchasing, Quality, Customer Service, regional logistics and commercial organization(s).
The role is responsible for managing, coaching and developing a team based culture, driving change and improvement initiatives, establishing, communicating and implementing short, medium to long terms plans to ensure that targets described within the key performance indicators and "Best in Class" performance levels are achieved in all areas.
As such, the job holder is expected to possess a thorough technical background in Supply Chain and Logistics principles and demonstrate the ability to lead cross-functional teams through improvement activities.
The Supply Chain Manager is accountable for
- Supporting Customer Service to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Product availability and supply continuity to ensure optimized target stock & scrap levels while meeting our customer needs
- Warehouse locations are managed to ensure maximum service levels to our customers while minimizing E&O
- Meeting regulatory compliance and quality standards
Responsibilities and Duties
Warehousing & Transportation operations (both managed and 3PL) meet operational & exceed contractual KPI targets:
- On time and in full shipping performance
- Shipping Accuracy
- Inventory Accuracy (Cycle counting & Physical Inventories)
- Oversee warehousing activities (Pick, Pack, Ship, Moves, Count etc) to meet KPI targets
- Inbounding processing time
- Develop standardized processes where possible to improve the efficiencies
- Conduct monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Ensure SLA and KPI’s are met & exceeded
- Continue to review & reduce costs
- Electronic systems are reconciled to the physical stock positions.
- Review logistics network and demonstrate continually optimize footprint
Inventory Management and related activities to:
- Hold appropriate values of inventory in line with MRP parameters in collaboration with Global Purchasing
- Reduce value of scrap and stock at risk
- Communicate on product availability to our internal customers and leadership
- Manage DRP activities between Central Warehouse and satellite locations
- Provide detailed inventory analysis providing recommendations on how to optimize our stock holding policies.
- Review stock in-balances within the DRP-Network and optimize
- Identify slow moving/short shelf life issues and implement remedial actions to minimize write-off.
- Disposition of excess and Short Shelf Life inventory and remedial actions to prevent recurrence
- Interface with QA/QC to meet our QMS requirements
- Damaged inventory disposition
- Develop best practice between various warehouse locations
- Work with the Global Logistics to optimize logistics network
- Participate in the S&OP process to develop and agree on service and product availability requirements.
- Review customer needs with Customer Service to meet and exceed expectations.
- Highly competent in the use of MS Excel, Project and other MS programs
- SAP experience and capability is desirable
- Have or develop a basic understanding of the company products and comprehensive understanding of the total supply chain to help influence improved effectiveness.
- Strong Logistics skill base.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal across cultures)
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Highly numerate with an aptitude for analysis
- Strong project management skills across multiple priorities
- People management skills
- Ability to lead meetings (by phone, video conference and face to face) to drive results and build relationships
- Working in a small team developing an environment of trust and effective team work is essential
Long Term Strategic Planning
- Continual improvement of our Distribution and Inventory processes to meet the changing requirements
- Proactively identify & follow through supply chain improvement projects as opportunities arise.
Environment / Culture
- Self motivated culture with high standards of detailed output required from the team.
- When required – be Reactive & flexible to current issues while driving the long term resolution within the supply chain.
- Willingness to identify where getting involved can add value, even if outside current comfort zone.
- Essential that the incumbent collaborates and seeks feedback from Supply Chains internal customers/key
- The Supply Chain Manager needs be a proactive person, that coaches, develops and leads the team member and peers onto higher performance levels on an ongoing basis.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain is essential
- Demonstrable People management & development skills are essential
- ERP system knowledge and experience
- Ability to travel globally as required (with advance planning in order to interact with sites on different time zones occasional out of hours working required)
- Experience in leading Process Improvement Projects
For further information on this Inventory Specialist please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.