Senior Systems Engineer
Our client, a fintech company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
Key Result Areas
- Document the as-is payment card data flow across networks in multiple data centres, servers, applications services, databases, secured and unsecured entry points.
- Document the to-be environment after tokenisation is applied.
- Communicate the changes and PCI controls across the network and developer teams
- Conduct pre-audits alongside the PCI QSA
- Ultimately with the QSA, complete the PCI certification process.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills
- Technical depth in many of the following areas: network routing and firewalls, virtualization, containerization, virtual terminal solutions, intrusion detection/prevention.
- Strong understanding of security models surrounding tokenisation, encryption, authentication, authorization and access controls
- Logging - design/implementation of enterprise logging, SIEM.
- Understanding of PCI requirements
- Understanding of cloud services - Azure, particularly aspects such as Azure Security Centre
- Basic level of databases especially SQL Server.
- Experience securing Windows & Linux OS.
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change.
- Work independently and develops technical knowledge/skills on a continual basis
- Work with people at all levels, including non-technical staff.
- Hold a third level Engineering, IT degree or equivalent
- Must have strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret security standards and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Must have strong network topology and data process flow mapping skills
- Must have a proven track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take ownership of projects and deliverables
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval