Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Site Support Technician.
The IT Site Support Technician will be responsible, through direct interaction with end users and management, for providing effective and efficient on-site and remote support to end users and management on a variety of technical support issues, including the set up and maintenance of mobile devices, computing equipment, printers, faxes, scanners & other peripherals. The role holder is required to perform routine maintenance functions such as hardware & software inventory management. Working with the Global Service Desk and related support functions, the role holder will ensure the provision of a consistently high quality service to customers and stakeholders. Periodic travel may be required to support additional locations, and if so, the role holder must be capable of travelling without restriction.
This job function has accountability for complying with the applicable elements of the Global Quality Framework and the Corporate Quality Management System (QMS).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage user incidents routed from the Service Desk, or escalate where appropriate, ensuring the provision of a consistently high quality service and timely resolution of issues
- Perform first and second level support for the following: PC configuration (desktops and laptops), VPN connections, PC software (site-specific and enterprise), peripherals, LAN connectivity, and additional devices/software/hardware as needed (i.e. printers, copiers, mobile devices, A/V equipment)
- Provide an efficient and effective support service to on site and remote users
- Setup new users and support resources of terminated users
- Perform first level and second level support
- Basic Active Directory administration (i.e. account changes and permissions)
- Ensure adherence to all relevant internal, external and site-specific policies, processes and Standard Operating Procedures relating to data security, the network and its applications, and account access/management
- Order and track supplies, carry out asset management & dispersal, and fulfil all documentation requirements for supported sites
- Work with various vendors as needed to support site specific services, hardware, and software
- Asset management of all IT equipment on site
- Undertake any other duties reasonably requested to meet business needs
- Basic support of site-specific ERP, CRM, or database systems.
- Works on diverse range of support issues requiring ability to independently identify, evaluate and resolve issues
- Occasionally works after-hours, as needed
- High level of freedom, within the realms of the role, to produce solutions in support of customer service level agreements
- Ensures all solutions adhere to applicable change control requirements
- Addresses immediate service needs of all end users regardless of Business Unit affiliation
- Good time management skills, with proven ability to prioritise and organise a demanding workload, adapting to fit the changing needs of the business
- Strong customer service orientation, able to understand and meet the needs of a diverse client base in a positive and professional manner
- Proactive and self-motivated approach, able to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to combine technical knowledge and customer support skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to relate with users, service providers, and management
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of International Corporate Quality Management System as per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behaviour with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Responsibility to understand and maintain awareness of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Information Technology or similar
- Significant experience in providing end-user technical support
- Team oriented - able to work in, and positively contribute to, cross functional teams
- Able to learn new applications quickly, and committed to keeping knowledge and skills up to date
- Experience in supporting desktop applications in LAN environment
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Active Directory user functions (ADS & Exchange)
- Windows XP, 7, and 10
- Knowledge of anti-virus / anti-malware programs
- Building/imaging computers
- Wiring / Cabling
- Network technologies
- Installation and support of wide range of peripherals
- SOX compliance knowledge
- ITIL framework knowledge
- Maintaining documentation
- Light experience administering servers
- Experience supporting ERP/CRM systems
- Experience support in-house, custom, or proprietary software systems
For further information on this Technical Support role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval