Senior Technical Support Analyst
Job ID: JOB-11709
Senior Technical Support Analyst
Our manufacturing client based in Mayo are looking to hire a Technology Services Analyst
They are now seeking a senior technologist who understand the fundamentals and principles of technology and who wants to solve business problems on a global scale in a large, complex environment.
This role will be responsible for many IT functions including supporting partnerships with the business and service level management of applications and systems.
We’re looking for candidates with a thirst for innovation and a passion and aptitude for utilizing the right tool for the right job, even if that tool hasn’t been created yet.
The senior Technology Service Analyst is responsible for maintaining the on premises IT systems and server platforms together with providing support for cloud hosted enterprise applications. IT security and governance of the IT environment will form a key part of responsibility also. The role will lead projects from design and implementation work and support the deployment of new technologies to the business.
- Build strong relationships across the business. Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment.
- Takes ownership of projects and work pro-actively, maintaining documentation in accordance with the team standards.
- Views and monitors all support incidents in area of responsibility, manage Service Level Agreements, proactively share knowledge, serve as liaison between users, vendors and technical groups to resolve issues, as well as drives support partner to meet SLAs for Incident response and closure (including Incident Management SLA reporting) and share with Business Managers
- Performs problem and trend analysis to identify issues/gaps and works with internal team or vendor partner to perform prioritized enhancements.
- Leading day-to-day delivery of IT system and platform administration, security and risk management, timely remediation of Server and Infrastructure incident and Services requests.
- Provide highly available, responsive and resilient access to in house IT systems and services coupled with external cloud services, to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to interpret and translate the business IT technical requirements into innovative smart solutions that are business aligned and mapped to drive and support the overall success of the business.
- Professional project delivery must be structured, well communicated and clearly understood by the stake holders, delivered on time and in budget and handed over in an organised fashion that meets the customer expectation.
- Projects must be based on IT standards and best practices with strong emphasis on LEAN and continuous improvement. An agile approach to project delivery should also be adopted when appropriate.
- Quality and safety standards must be adhered to at all times.
- Ability to build strong customer relations with both internal and external business support partners together with third party vendors, to ensure quick and timely execution of escalated issue and service requests, together with efficient project delivery.
- Develop and maintain IT process and standards that catalogues IT services, information risk management, disaster recovery procedures, IT Business Continuity Planning, together with hardware and software asset and licensing management in line with IT Audit compliance.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field essential
- 5+ years of work experience in IT or relevant related field with hands-on experience in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Technical Accreditation or experience in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft Azure, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, MS SQL, VMware, Storage, o365, Microsoft Win10.
- Knowledge of Networking, IIoT or Edge computing Machine Learning, PowerApps, application development and Web design would be beneficial.
- Ability to translate technology to meet business requirements
- Technical relationship building with customers and business partners.
- Must have a Proven track record managing multiple projects in a cross-functional team environment.
- Hands-on experience and certification in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Technical accreditation and exposure to working in an Agile Scrum/DevOps development methodology is a plus
- Ability to prioritize tasks and make decisions within established guidelines and policies.
- Excellent customer service skills; strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Must possess the ability to explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and fosters understanding; demonstrated presentation and teaching skills are needed
What We Can Do For You
- Innovation & Technology: The ability to work with an award-winning team that is on the cutting edge of innovation.
- Exposure to World Class Leaders: Availability to global technology leaders that will expand your network and exposure you to emerging technologies and techniques.
- Agile Work Environment: We embrace agile with management that believes in removing barriers, so you are empowered to experiment, iterate and innovate.
For further information on this Technical Support role in Mayo please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…