Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Senior Technical Support Engineer for their site in Mayo
- The Snr. Technical Support Engineer will be based in Ballina and will serve Manufacturing Operations as the primary customer. The position will liaise with Global Engineering (GE), New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Quality Assurance (QA), Continuous Improvement (CI) & Supply Chain (SCM) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities.
- This person will support asset care management and maintenance excellence to maximize efficiency / OEE and Yield performance of the manufacturing processes. The individual will liaise closely with the Craft Group (Fitters) to support Operations metrics, technical proficiency/direction, training and development. The responsibility will include oversight of the Total Productive Manufacturing Program to engage key Stakeholders. The role shall focus on process up-time, reliability / predictive maintenance, the use of data analytics and improved diagnostics of unplanned downtime / technical challenges. Finally the role will involve oversight of annual spares and consumables management for a unionized, modern, medium to highly automated Cleanroom Healthcare manufacturing plant.
- Process Improvements: Position will be responsible for the ongoing development of a world Class Asset Care Program to support and enable key operations targets. As a Senior Engineer contribute to process improvement targets and planning to meet strategic business goals (5-year outlook) and related annual budget.
- Develop a Centre of Excellence for the Total Productive Manufacturing Program (Training will be provided) incorporating TPM, reliability based maintenance and predictive maintenance. Manage, co-ordinate and occasionally facilitate the phased roll-out of a three year plan to advance TPM across the primary assets including hydrophilic coating, punch / sleeving, packaging and peripheral / other.
- Use and promote the use of data analytics software (Informance Sage Clarity (Training will be provided)) and SPC techniques to optimize performance and predict unplanned downtime.
- Implement a set of metrics / key process indicators around machine up-time, preventative maintenance activities (PMs), response / escalation, all focused on providing support to running a performance driven and effective production environment.
- Oversight of the preventive maintenance program, spares and consumables management and annual budgetary management / cost control. Some support of calibration activities.
- Develop engagement and technical support aids including:
- Chair frequent communications and engagement sessions with Craftspersons on progress to plan, requirements, and assessment of process performance (16 x Shift / 3 x Project Days).
- Co-ordinate Project Fitter activities (3x).
- Maintain improved machine documentation e.g. machine manual library and common error problem solving guides.
- Co-ordinate development of training needs, materials and plans for core technology platforms, asset groups and technical support skills requirements of a large Craft Group assisted by the Training Specialist and Technical Writer.
- Support operation continuous improvement enablers such as TPM, 6S, Standard Work, SMED, Visual Management and other Lean Sigma continuous improvement initiatives.
- Plan for the development of New Product Introductions and associated manufacturing assets to incorporate maintenance excellence requirements from their inception.
- Safety/ Risk Assessments: Provide support to ensure safety compliance in the area and contribute to risk assessments. Participate in developing Lock-Out Tag-Out requirements.
- Project Planning & Tracking: responsible for reporting on process performance from a maintenance excellence perspective, plans to optomize the process and project management where applicable. Formally communicating / reporting same.
- Mentor, actively support and coach Craftspersons, Front Line Responders and work closely with Operational Shift Team Leader, Production Associates, process Engineers and other relevant support functions in order to develop their technical and professional capabilities in a unionised plant. Monitor external contractor tech support activities on-site.
- Contribute to developing and implementing an apprenticeship program.
- Flexibility / periodic out-of-office hours support is critical in support of Operations requirements at short notice. Operations run 24-7 / 48 weeks of the year.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering
Specialized or Technical Knowledge
- Experience in world class Asset Care maintenance excellence programs
- Experience of mechanical and electrical senior trades
- Medium to high volume automation experience pneumatics, pick and place, vision systems, robotics and ideally including PLC/Controls
- Familiarity with validation and DOE techniques, statistical analysis tools, and/or DFM principles.
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving skills
- Foundation knowledge of Lean Sigma principles
- People management experience and budgetary responsibilities.
Kind and Length of Experience
- 5+ years post qualification experience in general Manufacturing Engineering, with a focus on mechanical systems & their application in a manufacturing environment (batch type process for the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical/ air-motive industry preferred)
- 3yrs+ Maintenance Excellence in support of optimization and development of manufacturing process.
- Strong people management, change management and facilitation skills / experience
- Flexibility in support of a 24-7 unionised healthcare facility.
- Postgraduate in Maintenance Excellence Program
- Masters in Project Management or Manufacturing Systems or equivalent
Specialized or Technical Knowledge
- Direct training and / or experience of world class maintenance excellence programs incorporating:
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Autonomous Maintenance
- Reliability / Predictive Maintenance
- Other related
- Data Analytics / SPC Capability
- Automation, PLC / Software experience
- Strong people management skills
- Experience with Plantmaster or other work order maintenance tracking programs
Kind and Length of Experience
- FDA, ISO13485 or equivalent experience preferred
For further information on this Senior Technical Support Engineer role in Mayo please contact Nicola O?Connell on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval