Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Test Engineering Supervisor for their site.
In our Test Engineering function, the team are focused on the uptime and performance of all the product test solutions in support of the Galway operation. The team is also responsible for continuous improvement of the test solutions, leveraging the latest knowledge and technology available to deliver the highest standard of product testing for the high-tech product range manufactured at this site. The Test Engineering Senior Supervisor is responsible for the strategy and direction of the Test Engineering function in line with site and external, best practice, leveraging resources, processes and technology where appropriate, as well as guiding the management team on resource gaps and the strategy to address future site needs and business opportunities. The Senior Supervisor is also responsible for the management and development of the team. The maintenance of a motivated and engaged team in a positive work environment is fundamental to the companys success.
- Direct responsibility for the uptime, maintenance and general performance of all the test solutions for the manufacturing operation on site including;
- The development and alignment on ‘Test Uptime’ goals and development of a strategy to achieve these goals
- The maintenance of Test Engineering capacity in line with site operational needs current and future
- Developing and enhancement of capability through;
- The continuous development, benchmarking and leverage of best practice and latest technology across the process/strategy both internally and externally
- The leverage and support of the related projects, initiatives and strategy
- Compilation and analysis of test data and historic test performance in favour of continuous improvement
- Interpretation and definition of changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements
- The allocation of resources to agreed projects, NPIs, Initiatives, etc.
- Providing leadership, fostering teamwork, coaching for performance, mentoring for career development and development a strong pipeline of talent at all levels within the Test Engineering team.
- Nurturing and enhancing employee engagement through strategy and activity for Test Engineering function.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Level 8 Engineering Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Software, etc., discipline and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience or, a Masters degree with minimum of 1 years relevant experience.
• Three years’ experience in a people management role
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Knowledge and/or experience of ISO 13485 and FDA quality system requirements
Must have strong level of knowledge and skills of test, systems or control engineering discipline with broader understanding of other engineering disciplines
For further information on this Test Engineering role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval