Senior UI Software Engineer – Remote
Job ID: JOB-11864
Senior UI Software Engineer
My client who’s global HQ is in Ireland is looking for a UI Software Engineer interested in working with the latest web application technology in one of their software development offices in Ireland, Spain or Portugal – This role can be worked fully remote
We specialize in the delivery of high quality web-based applications for participants and administrators for equity-based incentive and share plans. We are headquartered in Ireland and we also have a world class software development team located across sites in Portugal and Spain
We are looking for experienced Frontend Developers, to play a key role in supporting the development and delivery on a range of key strategic products. You will have a broad product background, with demonstrable product development experience in business platforms and ideally some experience of championing user-centred design (UCD) as part of the UI Development team, supporting other Development Teams.
You will ideally be from a technical background (with a strong understanding of the principles of software architecture and UI framework development and use) but also have capable design and creative skills in an enterprise context. This role is positioned across the technical/creative spectrum with the opportunity to shape the role accordingly. With excellent communication, stakeholder management and possibly even customer facing experience and a genuine passion for quality / professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
- 8+ year’s development experience.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience with single page applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Angular 2 or higher, Typescript.
- Substantial experience using styling related tools/frameworks, including SCSS/SASS/LESS.
- Experience with automated testing with Karma and Jasmine or similar.
- Demonstrable experience and comfort working in an Agile environment.
- Detailed understanding of cross-browser and cross-device issues, including limited support for legacy browsers.
- Track record in providing combined technical/design skills within a multi-skilled product development team.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Interest in and willingness to present well-formed arguments in support/rejection of new techniques, tools and technologies in response to industry developments.
- Experience with Visual Studio Code and source control (e.g. GIT).
- Experience with RESTful API’s, including Web API and Swagger (OpenAPI)
What other skills are desirable:
- Experience with UI Design / UX
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience integrating with OAuth2
- Awareness of accessibility standards (WAI-ARIA, screen readers etc) and the importance of accessibility in products.
- Experience sourcing and managing related UI assets (including icons, images, fonts, etc).
- Experience with user testing, workshops, and other ‘UX design’ related skills.
- Some experience using appropriate UX techniques (workshops, interviews, ethnographic studies etc) to develop an understanding of problems and identify solutions.·
- C# (.NET 3.5/4) experience
- NET MVC 3/4/5
- TSQL / SQL Server Knowledge
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be part of something special, Global Shares is growing fast, and we want you to be part of our journey
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Active Social Club with events throughout the year
- Opportunity to travel and work in our global offices if desired
For further information on this Senior Software Engineer role please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…