Senior UX Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11717
Staff HF/UX Engineer
My medical device client in Limerick is seeking a Senior Human Factors/UX Engineer to join their R&D Facility
My client is seeking an accomplished Human Factors/User Experience Design Engineer to create intuitive user interfaces/interactions for a variety of complex medical applications, instruments and mobile devices. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. The ongoing design and development work includes both Windows Embedded and desktop applications development, as well as web-based and mobile device interfaces. We utilize the latest rapid prototyping technologies for iterative user-centered product design.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the Design System content and process.
- Manage the Research Operations process for agile user research.
- Lead weekly UXD design review and process improvement meetings to ensure proper oversight of consistent visual and interaction component designs across the team and projects.
- Execute interaction design and visual design as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaboratively plan and execute user experience activities (user research, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, surveys, etc.) with agile development team and leadership team.
- Develop, follow, and communicate design guidelines, patterns, style sheets and libraries to create uniformity within the software engineering organization and brand recognition with our customers.
- In addition to the UX/UI design, a successful candidate will be willing to work as part of a software engineering team, participating in design documentation, unit test, code review, version control, defect tracking, and schedule development.
- Ensure safe and effective Human Factors & Ergonomics of physical interaction as part of a hardware engineering team, participating in concept brainstorming, prototyping, and testing for usability and positive user experience for appropriate down-selection to the final design.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to translate business goals into an intuitive, creative, and engaging experience for the user.
- Proficiency in creating wireframes/mockups/prototypes depending on need for project.
- Demonstrated design skills and strong command of visual attributes including composition, information organization, typography, graphics, and color.
- Understanding of standard user-centered design (UCD) methodologies and common hardware/software development practices.
- Knowledge of microbiology or other life sciences applications is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Human Factors and Ergonomics for physical interaction and product design.
- Usability protocols writing and test execution for formative and summative evaluations.
- Physical interactive mock-ups and prototypes for rapid iterative design evaluations.
Education and Experience
- 5 – 8+ years of work experience in Graphical User Interface DesignBachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Factors, Computer Science or related discipline e.g. Interaction/Graphic/Web Design/Product Design.
- Minimum of 3 year experience with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, or other graphics design tool.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Axure, Balsamiq, UXPin or similar wireframing/prototyping tool.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with HTML5 & CSS3.
- Solidworks CAD experience is a plus.
For further information on this UX role in Limerick please contact Dee Curley on 086
7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…