Our client, a medical device company in Athlone are currently looking to recruit a Senior Vendor Engineer for their site.
Responsible for Technical/Quality evaluation of suppliers for the supply of parts. Also responsible for ongoing Vendor management to ensure that all sourced parts conform to specification on an ongoing basis.
- Will be responsible for to lead major projects - NPIs, SSIs, etc. and will be the core team member from a VE perspective and will lead tasks in the VE space.
- Will provide mentoring to new hires on products and processes.
- Will apply their experience and knowledge of Quality Systems and best practices for medical devices industry in the Vendor Engineering day to day activities.
- Will need to take supervisor/reporting responsibilities when Manager is absent from the plant.
- Need?s to take a leadership role in the Vendor Engineering group and give guidance through leadership and experience.
- Carry out Vendor Approval/Surveillance audits to ensure that suppliers are capable of meeting our quality requirements on a continuous basis.
- Ensure that ?First Articles? are carried out to verify that all parts meet their Dimensional and Functional requirements.
- Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis via regular contact, periodic audits and other methods to guarantee consistent high quality performance on an ongoing basis.
- Lead cross functional QIT?s to resolve Quality issues at suppliers.
- Participate in cross functional teams to review process improvements/ optimizations at suppliers through PFMEA?s and control plans.
- Provide technical support to Production, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering in the event of a supplier quality problem occurring on a component.
- Continuously assess product Bill of Materials and supplier base to identify opportunities to further increase the local content while meeting/exceeding cost and quality targets.
- Represent the Vendor Engineering function on SSI?s.
- Represent the Vendor Engineering function on NPI?s.
- Participate in MRB teams.
- Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees
- Engineering Degree Manufacturing, Mechanical etc.
- 5 years? experience in an Engineering capacity
- Lead Auditor with auditing experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience of TS16949, ISO EN13485 and FDA quality system requirements