Senior Vendor Process Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Vendor Process Engineer for their site.
At our Vendor Engineering Department, we focus on the Technical and Quality evaluation of vendors processes for the supply of components. As a Senior Vendor Process Engineer you will be responsible for the Technical and Quality evaluation of vendors processes for the supply of components to and component qualifications. In addition, you will be responsible for ongoing Vendor management system to ensure that all sourced parts conform to specification on an ongoing basis and for all compliance activities within the group.
- Liaise effectively with cross functional teams to qualify new product or process, completing validations, test reports and protocols.
- Ensure that “First Articles” are carried out to verify that all parts meet their Dimensional and Functional requirements.
- Provide technical support to Production, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering in the event of a supplier quality problem occurring on a component
- Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis via regular contact, periodic audits and other methods to guarantee consistent high quality performance on an ongoing basis.
- Lead cross functional QIT’s to resolve Quality issues at suppliers.
- Participate in cross functional teams to review process improvements/ optimizations at suppliers through PFMEA’s and control plans.
- Carry out Vendor Approval/Surveillance audits to ensure that suppliers are capable of meeting our quality requirements on a continuous basis
- Continuously assess product Bill of Materials and supplier base to identify opportunities to further increase the local content while meeting/exceeding cost and quality targets.
- Represent the Vendor Engineering function on SSI’s.
- Represent the Vendor Engineering function on NPI’s.
- Participate in MRB teams.
- Will provide mentoring to new hires on products and processes.
- Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees
- A suitable Level 8 Engineering Degree Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronics or Plastics/moulding.
- Lead Auditor with auditing experience
- Strong personal initiative and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent “hands-on” technical skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent Organisational skills.
- Excellent Communication / Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval