Telephone: 086 8395531
Service & Support Technician
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Service & Support Technician for their site.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education to new and existing customers;
- Working on after-sales support services and providing technical back-up as required;
- Traveling to Customer-sites to performing machine installation and training.
- Arranging and carrying out product training;
- Preparing reports for the company business office and keeping customer records;
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
Key Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities and data needed for defining delivery configurations.
- Knowledge of parts, materials and processes related to electrical, electronic, electro-mechanical and electro-optical components.
- Knowledge of electrical safety practices (e.g., lockout-tag out, personal protective equipment, grounding).
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design). Complete knowledge of technical processes to include safety, and calibration requirements.
- Knowledge of product maintenance processes, tools, troubleshooting techniques and standards.
- Knowledge of repair concepts including component repair concepts, composites, procedures, and warranty processes and contractual agreements.
- Ability to use various hand, power driven and specialty tools.
- Candidate must have ability to travel domestically and internationally to customer sites for installations and on-site training.
- Good people and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good problem and fault finding skills
- 2-5 Years in Technician or Applications Role
- Familiarity with Medical Device industry, Preferred
- 3rd Level Qualification in Technical Discipline – Electrical, Mechanical, Design, Preferred
For further information on this Service & Support Technician role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval