Telephone: 086 8395531
Our client, a world leading, manufacturer of high quality, high output precision automated assembly lines across many market sectors, and they are looking for a service engineer to join the team to support their equipment primarily in Ireland but also cross Europe as needed.
- The majority of customers in Ireland are in the medical device and pharmaceutical market segments so experience of working in such environments would be highly advantageous.
- Install, service and repair automated assembly lines and equipment
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education to new and existing customers;
- Working on after-sales support services and providing technical back-up as required;
- Traveling to Customer-sites to performing installation, service and repair
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
Key Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities and data needed for defining delivery configurations.
- Knowledge of parts, materials and processes related to electrical, electronic, electro-mechanical and electro-optical components.
- Knowledge of electrical safety practices
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design). Complete knowledge of technical processes to include safety, and calibration requirements.
- Knowledge of product maintenance processes, tools, troubleshooting techniques and standards.
- Knowledge of repair concepts including component repair concepts, composites, procedures, and warranty processes and contractual agreements.
- Candidate must have ability to travel domestically and internationally for on-site training.
- Mechanical qualification.
- 2-5 Years experience within a similar role
- Experience with Medical Device & pharmaceutical production environments.
- Understanding and appreciation of cGMP, CFR21Pt 11 and general procedures used in pharmaceutical/medical device manufacture advantageous
- Verifiable work history and training e.g apprenticeship
- 90% of work in Ireland with the balance at customers in Europe or in Switzerland
- Home based
- 3-6 month training period in Switzerland depending upon experience
For further information on this Service & Support Engineer role please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval