Telephone: 086 8395531
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Service Technician for their site.
As an Instrument Technician, you’ll serve as the technical Subject Matter Expert for the assigned instruments and be accountable for maintaining, servicing and upgrading instruments in our lab in-line with preventative maintenance and service guidelines. You will also be asked to build and maintaining prototypes of instruments in the development phase.
- Troubleshoot, repair and provide preventative maintenance of instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested, in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
- Perform functional testing activities and analyse results with statistical approach in order to assess product performance and launch appropriate mitigation plans
- Identify, analyse and communicate on all unexpected results. Participate in solving technical problems.
- Validate and execute the appropriate test methods to verify product performance.
- Write and ensure release of all supportive documentation during feasibility and /or design verification activities.
- Maintain good communications with internal customers to ensure satisfactory service levels.
- Properly maintain lab stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Comprehensive record keeping of all instruments, PM schedules, and repair activity in lab notebooks and online databases.
- Interface effectively with other departments and managers to resolve problems and issues.
- Work with R&D Engineers and Lab Technicians to help diagnose problems and prescribe corrective action as necessary.
- Troubleshooting, including as needed root cause analysis and repairing instruments.
- Provide input to program managers or engineering leads on repair and troubleshooting requirements for instrument system or subsystem development.
- As a representative of BD, promote and maintain good stakeholder
- relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behaviour, maturity and good judgment.
- Potential for optional travel within the EU and United States to customer and clinical trial sites required by the organization.
Knowledge And Skills:
- Good working knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical devices.
- Proficient with standard mechanical and electrical tools including voltmeters and ability to use computer diagnostic tools.
- Experience with medical devices and equipment or similar is desired
- Proficient in reading, understanding, and applying assembly drawings, manufacturing and test instructions, and service manuals. Able to follow verbal instruction and actively learn.
- Knowledge in PC-based equipment and application software/networking/Laboratory Information System (LIS) is a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, communication, customer service, organization/prioritization and administrative skills. Good social skills and the capability to share knowledge
- Familiarity with Solidworks, or other 3D CAD packages, is desirable
- Educated to NQF level 6 in a technical direction (Mechanical or Electrical or Systems Engineering), you’ll have a proven track record of working with both hardware and software ideally at a medical device company. Preferably you have experience with new product development and project management. Minimum two years’ experience as a service technician or similar
For further information on this Instrument Technician role in Limerick please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval