Telephone: 086 7738651
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Shift Manager for their site.
Summary of Duties/Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have responsibility and leadership for overall operation of a production shift. Responsible for the coordination and direction of cross functional teams of the designated production area(s) to achieve business goals. Implements Merit Medical systems and strategies to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop people, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
- Maintain a clean, safe workplace and ensure zero lost time accidents.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements at all times.
- Maintain production supply to fulfil the sales and operations demand plan.
- Drives and meets the Key Performance Indicators of the production shift.
- Lead, motivate and develop Production Operators, Team leaders, and Supervisors team in communication, team development, career development, motivation and skills.
- Ensure the timely issuing of internal reports which are used to determine the production area performance.
- Identify opportunities to improve work processes and methods by working with Business Excellence, tech teams and EHS functions.
- Implement team goals and objectives and review on a timely basis.
- Ensure Team Leaders and Production operators are trained in manufacturing procedures as per current GPS, MPS, TWI and GMP requirements.
- Assume responsibility for internal and external audit actions associated with the production area to ensure effective closure of corrective actions.
- Maintain good employee morale and discipline, and manage all disciplinary issues in line with HR policies and procedures.
- Leads cross-functional team in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Summary of Minimum Qualifications:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a third level qualification in Engineering, Business, Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a similar environment, of which at least 3 years related experience in people management.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and team development skills.
- Ability to plan and organise production schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other functions and management team.
- Ability to work effectively as a manufacturing team member to achieve production goals.
- Action oriented and enjoys challenges; drives for results; is versatile, flexible and is willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify improvements in manufacturing methods and processes.
- Understanding of relevant Oracle (or other ERP system) modules and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) proficiency.
- Green belt certification and lean manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Flexibility to work within different shift patterns is essential.
For further information on this Shift Manager role in Galway please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.