Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Shift Supervisor for their site.
- This is a key role within our Production Department and will focus on meeting daily, weekly & monthly production Key Performance Indicators in a high speed pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- The KPIs cover the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery & People.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Production Supervisor will lead and motivate production operators and team leaders to achieve production KPI’s
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews
- Monitor and improve line / equipment capacity to meet business needs.
- Liaise with and collaborate with Quality Assurance to ensure that the product is being produced at acceptable levels of quality. Suggest improvements for quality where appropriate
- Ensure Team Leaders and Production operators are trained in manufacturing procedures and produce training plans for same
- Review production operations; identify opportunities to improve work processes and methods through the use of Continuous Improvement processes (e.g. Kiazen, Lean, SMED, 6 Sigma
- Implement team meetings and ensure all staff understand their goals and objectives and how they relate to the broader Groups objectives
- Manage all disciplinary issues in line with HR policies and procedures
- Develops work schedules with Production Managers for departments by assessing priorities, workload and available resources. Ensure correct staffing levels are available to meet business needs
- Flexibility to work within different shift patterns is essential
- Maintains personnel records for all staff (e.g., work schedules, holiday schedules, training files) and ensure TMS reflects current working hours and entitlements
- Report daily to Director production on adherence to schedule & all other reports required
- Completion of Manufacturing and packaging batch documentation when needed.
- Minimum 2 year previous manufacturing supervision experience
- Experience of manufacturing process in both Solid and Liquid dosages.
- Experience of high-speed blister packing lines in cGMP environment is desirable although experience of operating technical equipment within a highly regulated manufacturing industry is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required
- Available to work evening & night shift.
For further information on this Shift Supervisor role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com .
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval