|Location||Wales South Glamorgan|
|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Job ID: JOB-13158
Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values is so important. I have a very rare opportunity to take on the role of Plant/Site Director for a leading medical device company with a site in South Wales
We are a Global Class A Certified Medical Device company where our mission is to alleviate pain and improve the quality of life for people around the world. Daily our teams are pushing the boundaries of innovation to drive our mission forward.
The Opportunity The Site Director is a versatile role of high impact within our organization, and we are looking for a fresh, and agile mind to join and guide our high-performing teams in the South Wales . This is a sungle-site role and has overall responsibility of managing Operations, Supply Chain, and Engineering to create a strong Plant Leadership team. Responsibilities
- Develops and leads the site strategy to meet the requirements of the company strategy.
- Drive a culture of Quality and compliance and understand the Quality System and how departments impact the quality system and ensures compliant execution of all functions within scope.
- Provide and communicate a clear manufacturing vision, integrating both short and long-term strategies, generating innovative manufacturing solutions for existing and new products/processes that support our year-on-year growth
- Continue to develop and grow high performing teams by leading by example and building a strong sustainable culture of teamwork and delivery.
- Develop and deliver strategies that promote operational excellence across the key pillars of Quality, Cost, Delivery and People.
- As a continuous journey you will be capable of quickly identifying critical opportunities and situations, and of possessing well-tested strategies for driving a decision to a close by leading a kaizen culture.
- Develop, monitor, and improve operational budget for the operation to include all direct and variable costs.
- Develop strategies for new products introductions, transfers, and line extensions in line with business growth plans. Identify opportunities for innovative technologies and equipment introductions with relevant stakeholders.
- Management of key stakeholders both internal and external across all Company sites.
- Drive site efficiency and improvement activities utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts to drive continuous
- Being a role model, you are to drive a diverse and inclusive, yet inspirational, innovative, and engaging company culture with your team to consistently perform above expectations
- Create a strong plant leadership team and a healthy and effective employee relations climate
Expected Areas of Competence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; critical thinking skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively lead a team in the achievement of objectives.
- Ability to think ahead and strategically plan for continued success.
- Understanding of applicable legal and regulatory requirements within the medical device industry.
- Site leadership including successful Lean implementation resulting in productivity gains.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the site and continuous improvement initiatives
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable engineering, technical or business discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 15+ years of progressive and extensive applicable work experience in manufacturing, quality, or development engineering of which 7 were in a leadership capacity
- Experience with manufacturing technologies used in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience guiding and implementing high velocity large scale change initiatives that produce greater level of innovation, quality, service, efficiency, and learning.
- Must be proficient and have experience with the following areas: building a high performing team, capacity planning and development; budgeting, development of quality/productivity plans; new product introductions, process development; manufacturing flow analysis and implementation.
- Proven record of lean implementation to improve performance.
- Skilled in leading multi-site, multi-functional or business project initiatives
For further information on this Site Director role in South Wales please contact Caroline Kingston on email@example.com or 00353 86-8395531
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…