Our client, a FinTech company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Site Reliability Lead for their site.
- Use advanced problem-solving skills to lead teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex application issues; with a mind for restoration of service now and prevention in the future
- Address potential problems which will involve providing feedback in designing systems that are specific to our operating environment
- Partner and lead internal and external technology associates in solving complex business needs
- Work closely with the application development and architecture teams to make informed, collaborative technical decisions.
- Leverage metrics and monitoring tools to identify trends and prevent production incidents
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure
- Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical.
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 8+ years programming in Java, SQL, Cobol and DB2
- Prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions
- Previous use of monitoring tools, such as AppDynamics or Splunk
- Working knowledge in cloud eco-systems like OpenStack, ESXi, OpenShift, AWS, Mesos DC/OS, Docker, Azure, GCP is a plus
- Experience with REST API or in Python/Java programming is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience coaching and mentoring technology talent.
- Persistent and driven
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship with stakeholders
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and international cultural awareness
- Experience working in Agile frameworks, like Scrum and Kanban
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience in production support, application development, infrastructure or technology operations
- Cybersecurity experience
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
- Understanding of DevOps principles
- Experience working with offshore teams and vendor delivery partners
- Service Now and Jira Experience
- Finance/Insurance industry experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English/Japanese), is a plus
For further information on this Site Reliability Lead role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.