Site Services Manager EHS & Energy
Job ID: JOB-12877
Site Services Manager EHS & Energy
Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values is so important. I have a superb opportunity with a global diagnostics client with a base in Sligo to take on the role of Site Services Manager EHS & Energy.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
As a member of the Site leadership team your goal is to ensure that the plant meets it’s goals through the effective management of the Engineering Department. This is a highly visible position reporting directly to the Site Director.
The position has responsibility for managing several direct reports in the departmental group, each of whom may have supervisory/managerial responsibilities. Additionally, the position will require a managerial role in the following areas:
- Frequent contacts with personnel at many levels, Division, Affiliate and other plants.
- Close contact with plant personnel at all levels.
- Participation at Senior Management level
- Demonstrate Management competencies
- Team Leadership
- Set Vision and Strategy
- Build Organization and inspire people
- Know the Business and drive for results
- Develop, support and manage the Engineering Department at the Sligo site.
- On an annual basis, establish with Site Director the Engineering Department goals.
- To ensure that resources/systems for plant are analyzed against business needs and are effectively meeting their objectives on a continuous basis.
- To ensure Facility and Utilities are maintained to deliver site requirements and are compliant to all site standards and requirements.
- To ensure Engineering Projects are delivered on time, within budget and deliver the project stated objectives.
- Manage and support the Manufacturing and Instrument Engineering groups in ensuring that manufacturing, laboratory and test equipment is maintained to meet site requirements as well as the required legal, divisional and corporate standards.
- Convert goals to tasks, ensuring realistic timelines and resource requirements.
- Build high performance team, maximizing the contribution of all the team members.
- Delegate tasks to team members and set performance targets, providing appropriate authority, responsibility and direction to complete them.
- Responsible for regularly communicating departmental achievements and progress to management.
- Ensure the department meets the Quality requirements of its customers, ISO/EN auditors and other external agencies by ensuring adherence to the required procedures.
- Operate within departmental and project budget requirements and highlight any deficiencies in resource requirements.
- Manage areas of responsibility to ensure employees are adequately trained to perform· their role safely Recommend / Implement improvements to EHS and foster continuous improvement to develop a safety culture.
- Complete all activities in a safe manner ensuring that any potential safety issues and areas for improvement are addressed.
- Ensure Environmental procedures eg recycling, waste minimizations are adhered to and improvements made where possible.
- Optimise the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.
- On an annual basis, establish the functional goals for area of responsibility with Manager. Update and review progress against goals on a quarterly basis and conduct annual performance reviews/appraisals and development plans for direct reports.
- Eight years post-graduate experience in commercial health care product manufacture.
- Three years experience of people management/motivation.
- Three years experience in delivering successful projects.
- High level of technical proficiency and ability to appraise technical problems/projects.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Familiarity with Quality/Regulatory requirements.
For further information on Site Services EHS & Energy Manager role please contact Caroline on 086-8395531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…