Telephone: 086 1070950
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Software Architect for their site.
- Review and understand the System Requirements and System Architecture for products
- Contribute to Software Design Reviews and Process Improvement activities as required
- Perform Software Requirements Engineering tasks as required
- Ensure full traceability between High Level Design and Software Requirements Specification
- Complete scheduled tasks within assigned projects to deliver as per agreed Timing Plan.
- Review the Software Requirements Specification
- Design the Software Architecture and create the High Level Design Document
- Communicate the Software Architecture to the development team, providing guidance to developers as required
- Presentation to customers on technical matters as required
- Facilitate and contribute to Technical communication with relevant Customers (internal and external).
- Optimization of SW Video pipeline Architecture to ensure reusability and portability across various platforms.
- Research and development of a Video pipeline structure for integration of both scene analysis and scene viewing applications.
- Integration of advanced and concept algorithms from other groups within the company
- SW Resources Calculations (CPU and Memory Estimations)
- Participate & contribute to Architectural decisions and workshops
- Framework design and continued development
- SW analysis of Video Pipeline from Imager to Head Unit.
- Ensure all work products are baselined & managed through the Configuration Management & Change Control processes.
- SW System Analysis of various KPI’s including latencies, start-up times, mode switching times, rendering times etc
- Optimisation of the Architecture based on above analysis to improve KPI’s
- Architectural analysis and debug of any SW issues, redesign where necessary
- General software & product design reviews and problem resolution
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years Embedded Software Engineering Experience
- Experience with C++ design and development
- Experience un Klockwalks, LDRA preferred
- Experience with 8/16/32 bit micro controllers, vision processors and Multi-core SoC’s
- Multi-core Software Architecture Framework Design Experience
- Experience with UML modelling and associated tools ( eg Enterprise Architect)
- Familiar with software development models/standards CMMI, ISO15504 etc
- Object Orientated Design and Design Patterns experience
- Experience with Advanced Video Processing, Video Encoding/Decoding, Video Compression MJPEG, MPEG4 and H.264
- Knowledge of other high performance video processors such as GPUs an advantage
- Mindset of Continuous Improvement
- High degree of innovation and creativity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Automotive experience an advantage (Automotive CAN, FlexRay and LIN networks)
For further information on this Software Architect role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.