Our client, a technology company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Software Developer for their site.
We are looking for a candidate to provide leadership in a Dev Ops Methodology environment promoting teamwork and innovation.
The Customer Communication Management (CCM) Team is part of the Core Utilities organization working in the document management space working alongside lines of business in providing several services ranging from Form Service Definition and Delivery, Interface Services between Applications, Database/Repository Management and Backend Management. The CCM team is currently modernizing the platform in areas of Proactive Customer Communications, Data Analytics and End User driven solutions. The objective is to fully implement omni-channel communications that will allow our customers the flexibility of preferred channel of communication. The ideal candidate will take part in modernizing the CCM framework.
Are you interested in the design and coding of complex problems?
Have you a drive to do test driven development (TDD) and run tests to find errors and revise programs?
Do you have the mindset to work in a DevOps world and provides support as required on production applications?
Do you have a passion for interfacing with system designers to design, code, test and implement application programs?
Candidates will be involved in end to end lifecycle from technical design, development, implementation, technical reviews, testing and bug fixing of application systems following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). Some customer interaction may be required.
Candidates will participate in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process plus the support model to maximize and share learning.
The candidate will write documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
Candidates shall provide technical support to technical vendor resources.
As appropriate we:
Design and code business process models.
Design and code business rules and algorithms.
Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent years’ experience
- 5 years of development experience with any programming language; Java is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience working with applications running on WebSphere Application Server and Linux OS
- Experience working with XML and XSD Schema
- Experience with Advanced Microsoft Word features
- Experience with Use case / Functional Design Review, Technical Design Review, and Test Cases review
- Familiarity with supporting Performance testing
- Familiarity with XQuery or XPATH; experience with XQuery is a Plus
- Familiarity with Web Services, DB2, SQL Server, Linux Shell scripts
Desired Work Experience:
- Experience with Quadient Inspire, SmartCOMM or any document management platforms is a strong plus
- XML, XSD, XQuery/XPATH
- Websphere Application Server
- DB2, SQL Server
- Linux Shell script
For further information on this Software Engineer role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval