Our client, a technology company in Tipperary are currently looking to recruit a QA Software Engineer for their site.
We are building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics as part of the research and development organization of the largest global payment processor. Redefining the possible with intelligent technology solutions that deliver differentiated, high performance results for businesses with more engaging experiences for their customers.
Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET’s) are a special breed of quality fanatics who use their toolbox of technical talent to automate and scale their testing efforts. When faced with any task, their first reaction is to find an engineering solution. Married to this is a deep knowledge of quality, understanding the test coverage requirements and going beyond them. SDET’s are held to the engineering standards of the developers and simultaneously the quality standards of dedicated QA staff
Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) for our Development portal and API Management products will help us increase automation coverage and improve our existing automation frameworks. This includes identifying current gaps, if needed - designing a solution, and executing it. The candidate should be familiar with Agile testing concepts and open-source test automation frameworks.
This person will support engineers by designing and maintaining cutting-edge automation systems to ensure we deploy code with amazing quality and speed.
What will you do:
- Develop test automation plan by collaborating with the manual testing team using XRAY (jira). Work on other non-functional quality attributes, like performance, reliability, and security
- Develop automated tests with the appropriate technologies. Currently, we are using open source test automation frameworks – Serenity, RestAssured, Selenium as well as commercial solutions – GenRocket for test data generation. SDET’s will spend most of the time automating test scenarios for Product under test: Development portal and APIs exposed through Apigee solution.
- Provide the Squad and all stakeholders with clear and real-time updates regarding test status, bug status, and overall quality about the product by monitoring failures, reporting bugs, analysing & triaging automated tests running in the continuous Integration system
- Work side-by-side with the development team on testing in parallel and automating tests in our sprints
- Design and implement tools that improve efficiency in manual testing
- Research new or better alternate automated testing tools
- Help maintain systems to monitor test stability and report stability issues back to engineers
- Keep a learning mind-set - look for opportunities to continuously improve yourself, our products, and the practices that we use to build our products
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in writing reliable and maintainable automated tests
- An eagle-eye for test coverage gaps, false positives or negatives and proficiency in black box, functional, and user flow testing techniques
- Experience working in Agile / SCRUM delivery methodology
- Experience with software development tools (IDE, debugger, git, JIRA, Jenkins, etc)
- Novice-level shell scripting skills (commands like grep, cut, sed, sort, wget, etc.)
- Knowledge of Serenity BDD test framework, (Cucumber, Selenium, RestAssured), ,
- Familiarity with Behaviour Driven Development approach and Gherkin language
- Familiarity with JSON objects, SQL queries, data structures, log file analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with Swagger and Open API Specifications
- Knowledge of building mocks with WireMock
- The passion to build tools that will enable the engineering team to write tests more easily
- The trait of constantly looking for better solutions to bring down automation flakiness and increase automation reliability, thinking ahead and building for future changes in an ever-changing mobile ecosystem
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test our products
- The willingness to work with other teams such as engineering, manual QA, product and release teams
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or other engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience.
For further information on this Software Development Engineer – Test role in Tipperary please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval