Telephone: 086 1070950
Our client, an IT company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer for their site.
- You will be part of the software tools team working closely with the R&D and QA teams, to create complex software systems and tools that help to evaluate our advanced imaging solutions.
- You will develop tools that enhance the productivity (automation, test frameworks, data management, etc.) and facilitate current and future company products.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design, implement and maintain an in-house created software system that allows the users to test and evaluate the company’s imaging technology and products.
- Respond to requests from the R&D or QA teams and implement new features in the relevant software tools or provide support on technical issues.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience and strong knowledge of the Java language and platform.
- Demonstrates knowledge of good coding practices (writing a clean code, design patterns)
- Experience using the Eclipse RCP framework for GUI applications.
- Experience with server side Java development and Web-UI technologies.
- Flexibility and ability to work well in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Good written and spoken English.
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Experience with SQL databases using JDBC. No-SQL database experience is a plus (e.g. Elasticsearch).
- Experience with Unix, Tomcat and shell scripting.
- Experience with Spring framework, REST-ful development
- Experience with OSGI, Gradle
For further information on this Software Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval