Telephone: 086 1070950
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer for their site.
- You’ll be part of the team that develops the software which interfaces with HW accelerators designed in our company and are used in image processing domain.
- Develop SW that will run on FPGA and prototype embedded platforms.
- Develop SW that will simulate the HW behaviour and will run on PC/Windows.
- Develop efficient SW that will be used for image processing.
- Develop SW tools that are used to assist and configure HW modules.
- Work closely with the HW team to interface the HW modules from SW.
- Work with R&D team in relation to imaging algorithms and hardware solutions. Participate in designing of new solutions.
- Assist with customers' requests, provide support or travel to support the customer on site if necessary.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Strong knowledge of C.
- Ability to work with C++.
- Experience with real time and multitasking programming.
- Experience with embedded tools and SDKs.
- Experience with programming hardware (interrupts, registers, etc.).
- Knowledge of system architecture (different types of memory, cores, caches, buses).
- Experience in developing portable code.
- Ability to use Visual Studio for C/C++ development on Windows.
- Ability to understand source code written by others.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Open to learn new technologies in software and image processing domain.
- Fluent English.
- Comfortable with using Windows as primary development and office platform.
- Availability for business (technical) trips.
- Below skills are optional but possessing some of these is an advantage.
- Experience with image processing is a primarily advantage. Including algorithm development and optimization.
- Experience in Neural Networks / Machine Learning domain.
- Knowledge of ARM architecture and tools (RVCT, DS5, etc).
- Experience with GPU/parallel (OpenGL, OpenCL…) and vectorial/SIMD (NEON, SSE…) programming is a big advantage.
- Knowledge of embedded OS (e.g. one of ChibiOS, uTron, ThreadX, etc).
- Experience with Automotive Software standards (ISO26262, SPICE).
- Experience with either: Linux, iOS, Android, MacOS programming.
For further information on this Software Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.