Telephone: 086 1070950
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Software Specialist for their site.
- This job involves integration of the company's imaging technology into different platforms, analyzing problems and fixing bugs, finding bottlenecks and ways to improve performance, writing test and demo applications.
- The candidate will have to respond to customers' requests, provide support and assistance or travel to support the customer on site if necessary.
- The candidate will have to work with QA team assisting them with relevant hardware/software.
- The candidate will have to collaborate with R&D team providing feedback on releases, passing on customer requests, assisting with platform-related testing.
- Port the existing code for different devices and environments.
- Integrate company’s solution into devices.
- Test and optimize the code for performance.
- Debugging, assisting in fixing bugs and finding bottlenecks in existing solutions.
- Communicate with customers on technical issues.
- Participate in designing of new solutions.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Strong knowledge of C.
- Ability to work with C++.
- Good knowledge of Android and iOS development tools.
- Good knowledge of Gaming Engines such as Unity and Steam.
- Experience with real time and multitasking programming.
- Experience with embedded tools and SDKs.
- Knowledge of system architecture (different types of memory, cores, caches, buses).
- Experience in developing portable code.
- Ability to understand source code written by others.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Open to learn new technologies in software and image processing domain.
- Fluent English.
- Comfortable with using Windows as primary development and office platform.
- Availability for business (technical) trips.
- Desired skills:
- Below skills are optional, but possessing some of these is an advantage.
- Experience with image processing is a primarily advantage. Including algorithm development and optimization.
- Experience with Android programing (Java and C) is a big advantage. Experience with Android system build.
- Experience with GPU/parallel (OpenGL, OpenCL…) and vectorial/SIMD (NEON, SSE…) programming is a big advantage.
- Knowledge of ARM architecture and tools (RVCT, DS5, etc).
- Experience with either: Win32, Linux, iOS, MacOS programming.
- Knowledge of embedded OS (e.g. one of uTron, ThreadX, etc).
For further information on this Software Specialist role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.