|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Software Engineer Equipment
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer for their site on a contract basis
To assist the Equipment Engineering department to develop new manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and develops complex manufacturing and test equipment.
• Develop robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
• Database design, development, monitoring and SQL script authoring.
• Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
• Work closely with customers in defining system requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
• Work closely with both internal and external specialists and vendors to complete equipment related projects.
• Write detailed functional design requirements.
• Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
• Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
• Develop detailed project plans and manage projects to completion.
• Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
• Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
• Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards.
• Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
• Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
• May co-ordinate activities of a number of engineers.
• Proactively drive innovation and integration of new technologies into development strategies for the software team.
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
• Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the Quality Policy.
• Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
A professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully-qualified career-oriented position.
• BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years in software development with experience and a thorough knowledge in the following: VB.Net, C#, VB 6, SQL Server, software testing, version and change management software.
• Working knowledge of Team Foundation server and associated build processes.
• Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11 experience an advantage.
• Machine or device control design experience.
• Good working knowledge on the use of vision systems and associated tools desirable.
• Excellent communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
• Experience in Automation Testing with strong knowledge of testing lifecycle and principles.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with good multitasking and prioritization skills.
For further information on this Software role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Senior Compliance Specialist My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Specialist on…
Title MDR/Vigilance Specialist Duration: 12 months Location: Work from home / Ballybrit Galway Start Date: ASAP…
Title IT Business/Systems Analyst Summary Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an…