Software Engineer I
Job ID: JOB-12497
Software Engineer I
Our Client is currently accepting applications for a Software Engineer I at their Galway site as part of their Equipment Engineering Group.
Equipment Engineering is a unique function of our client, a leading medical devices company, which delivers innovative and effective automated equipment and systems solutions by researching emerging technologies and applying them to improve manufacturing processes.
As our newest addition to the group, you will assist in developing new manufacturing and testing equipment and systems used to enhance the development and production of medical devices.
No two days are the same in this role, as you will be challenged to develop innovative and creative solutions to meet your internal customer’s business needs and thus ensure the advancement of technology and products. So if you want to develop a lasting and rewarding career, then apply to join as Software Engineer I.
Key Activities of the Role:
- Develop robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and SQL Server script authoring to retrieve manufacturing process data and populate critical process tables.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
- Work closely with customers in defining system requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Work closely with internal and external specialists and vendors to complete equipment related projects in a laboratory and manufacturing setting.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development, including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Develop detailed project plans and manage projects to completion.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance with all quality requirements.
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects, Lean Business Process Projects, and departmental standards.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and budget.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- Proactively drive innovation and integration of new technologies into development strategies for the software team.
Qualifications & Experienced:
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years in software development with experience and a thorough knowledge of VB.Net, C#, VB 6, SQL Server, software testing, version and change management software. Working knowledge of the Team Foundation Server is beneficial.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11 experience an advantage.
- Machine or device control design experience.
- Good working knowledge of vision systems and associated tools desirable.
- Excellent communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Experience in labelling software and printing software solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with good multitasking and prioritisation skills.
For further information on this IT Systems Administrator role in Galway please contact Michael Brennan on 086 4403742 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12597 Accounts Assistant Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Galway City, is …
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12596 Product Design Engineer Job Summary Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12037 Quality Systems Engineer Our Client, a global leader in medical device manufacturing…