- Support the ramp up of the software engineering organization including hiring, establishing development processes and tooling, infrastructure setup, etc
- Manage a team of software engineers at all levels, coaching them and supporting their personal and professional development
- Establish KPIs and metrics
- Drive continuous improvement
- Provide input on key strategic technology decisions
- Key contributor to defining software engineering standards and best practices
- Participation in Technical and Project level governance as required
- Communication and stakeholder management of technology and business stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to software engineers to support business and operational partners.
Knowledge & Skills
- Have at least 8 years experience in software engineering with at least 2 years experience in managing software engineering teams
- Strong employee performance management and career development experience
- Have a strong software engineering background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration.
- Excellent understanding of challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at pace within a large organisation.
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Experience and understanding of Micro Services, User Experience, Responsive Design, API Adoption, Cloud Stacks, Structured and Unstructured Databases and Big Data Platforms.
- Methods and delivery - DevOps processes and experience. Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean User Experience (UX), XP
- CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- Cloud Technologies - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS –Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc
- Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management
- Ability to dive in, understand both business and customer’s needs as well as technical challenges and solutions
- Detail oriented with a passion for Quality
- Can do, Will do attitude:You will be joining a founding team first and a large organisation second. This is exciting, you will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.
For further information on this Software Engineering Manager in Tipperary please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.