Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Software Equipment Engineer for their site.
Develops new manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and develops complex manufacturing and test equipment.
- Develop robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and sql script authoring.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
- Work closely with customers in defining system requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Work closely with both internal and external specialists and vendors to complete equipment related projects.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Develop detailed project plans and manage projects to completion
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of engineers.
An experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully-qualified career-oriented position.
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years in software development with experience and a thorough knowledge in the following: VB.Net, VB 6, SQL Server, software testing, version and change management software.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11 experience an advantage.
- Vision, motion control, and machine HMI control design experience.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving
For further information on this Software Equipment Engineer role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval