Our client, a medical device company in Tipperary are currently looking to recruit a Software Manufacturing Engineer II for their site.
Provides software support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met. Monitors performance of software running on equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment software problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues. Interfaces with Quality and Research and Development organizations to integrate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area.
- Initiates and completes technical activities regarding software leading to new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company. Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Analyzes and solves software problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
- Understands software principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
- Knowledge of PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment.
- Architects methodologies to enable high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications.
- Develops Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
- Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves has a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers. Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters. Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
Knowledge: A developing professional. Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices. General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General understanding of business unit/group function. Exercises judgment when interpreting company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action. Has knowledge of alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the business or technological environment.
Planning and Organization: Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Degree in software programming or software development
- Min of 5 years regulated industry experience - software development preferable
For further information on this Software Manufacturing Engineer II role in Tipperary please contact Anna McGowan.