Our client, a world player providing Payments and Financial Services to the tourist and financial industry internationally is looking to recruit a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for its IT division based in Galway.
The Software QA Engineer will be responsible for initially verifying the quality of the DCC gateway and other payments applications. This will involve verifying that the application meet the requirements for the Gateway and is compliant with relevant standards.
KEY RESULT AREA
- Work with project managers and other stakeholders to understand system requirements and develop test strategies
- Create test plans & manual test cases / automated test scripts based on business requirements and end to end flows
- Test the DCC Gateway and associated transactions and settlement cycles (new functionality and regression baseline), requiring backend / database access and verification
- Work with DCC gateway team leader to document release notes for applications
- Keep up to date with changes to compliance requirements
- Ensure that the design of test (both manual and automation) meet the needs & goals of the project.
- Provide regular testing status and progress reports to the Project Manager, Development lead, IT QA Quality Assurance Manager and other project stakeholders.
- Log and track detailed product defects
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years of direct software tester experience in Payments Systems / Financial Transactions systems
- Experience in writing & executing project test plans and test cases based on business requirements
- Good working knowledge of QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies.
- Has independently lead testing of an agile project.
- Extensive experience of producing comprehensive test strategy/text plans
- Familiar with using TFS/JIRA and other QA tools to maintain all QA status.
- Testing webservice APIs experience essential.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ideally, hold a third level degree (or equivalent), preferably in business, IT or finance.
- Payment industry testing experience essential
- Preferably ISTQB / ISEB (foundation) qualified
- Logical & structured approach to test planning, execution and reporting
- Test automation experience required
- Ability to manage workload and to work to deadline
- Good problem solving & analytical capabilities to identify and diagnose problems
- Ability to work in a team environment and show initiative
- Well-developed written and verbal reporting / communication skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate, learn and understand processes in new & complex financial systems
- Interpersonal Skills: Must display reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Driven by quality considerations
- Team player: To be able to work with diverse teams in many locations.
For further information on this Software Quality Assurance Engineer role in Galway please contact Carmel Holmes on 021 2066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval