Our client, a world player providing Payments and Financial Services to the tourist and financial industry internationally is looking to recruit a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for its IT division based in Galway.
This role will involve verifying that the POS application meets the requirements for our clients merchants and is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) compliant. You will verify the POS devices configuration tools, transactions cycle and settlement cycle for all POS development releases. You will also test payment systems.
KEY RESULT AREA
- Work with project managers and other stakeholders to understand system requirements and develop test strategies
- Create test plans & manual test cases / automated test scripts based on business requirements and end to end flows
- Test application GUI. Transactions and settlement cycles (new functionality and regression baseline)
- Provide training and support to operations and merchants performing level 2 support
- Ensure applications and hardware are PCI DSS compliant
- Work with POS team leader to document release notes for applications
- Work with external companies to QA our services
- Keep up to date with changes to card scheme rules and compliance requirements
- Ensure that the design of test (both manual and automation) meet the needs & goals of the project.
- Provide regular testing status and progress reports to the IT QA Team Leader and project stakeholders.
- Log and track detailed product defects
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years of direct software tester experience in POS / Payments Systems / Financial Transactions systems
- Experience in writing & executing project test plans and test cases based on business requirements
- Good working knowledge of QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies
- Working knowledge of SQL / Oracle
- Experience with VISA and MASTERCARD scheme rules a definite asset (desirable)
Qualifications & Skills
- Ideally, hold a third level degree (or equivalent), preferably in business, IT or finance.
- POS testing experience essential
- Preferably ISTQB / ISEB (foundation) qualified
- Logical & structured approach to test planning, execution and reporting
- Test automation experience a definite asset (desirable)
- Ability to manage workload and to work to deadlines
- Good problem solving & analytical capabilities to identify and diagnose problems
- Ability to work in a team environment and show initiative
- Well-developed written and verbal reporting / communication skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate, learn and understand processes in new & complex financial systems
- Interpersonal Skills: Must display reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Driven by quality considerations
- Team player: To be able to work with diverse teams in many locations.
For further information on this Software Quality Assurance Engineer role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval