|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Software/Equipment Test Engineer for their site.
Working with Equipment Engineering, the successful candidate will assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by participating on the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades. The Role is primarily based in Galway, a World Class Facility, although traveling abroad may be required from time to time and for short periods. Working times are Monday to Friday; however Weekend work may be required.
- Testing of control system applications for automated machines.
- Develop, execute and maintain manual and automated tests – functional, regression, load and stability testing.
- Work with product managers and engineers to understand business requirements and perform appropriate testing.
- Map test cases to requirements to ensure complete test coverage.
- Report software defects and manage to lifecycle closure.
- Report test progress and quality status to project stakeholders.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into testing strategies for the team.
- Prepares test framework and test plans in conjunction with the requirements of the Product Owner and the development team.
- Prepare test cases and execute manual tests.
- Build regression and acceptance and test case maintenance and support.
- Develop test environment and setup the test platform for product or system
- Identify and report the test issues and coordinate with software developer team to analyze the issues.
Job Requirements & Skills
- 4+ Minimum Years of Proven Experience on a similar role
- Level 8 Bachelor Degree Minimum qualification level
- Experience in Software Testing/QA.
- Strong knowledge of testing lifecycle and principles.
- Knowledge of source code management tools such as TFS.
- Experience with project/bug management tools
- Waterfall Development Lifecycle knowledge.
- Legally authorized to work permanently in Ireland.
- Medical device knowledge.
- Experience in implementing test strategy, test estimations, test plan creation, execution and reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technical skills in analysing performance test results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Technical Writing skills.
- Good multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Must be a good team player and show ability and willingness to motivate and support other engineers.
- SQL Server – TSQL programming.
- C# and VB.NET programming.
- VB6 and VBA programming.
- ISTQB Certification
For further information on this test engineering role in Galway please contact Dee on 086 7902191/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Senior Compliance Specialist My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Specialist on…
Title MDR/Vigilance Specialist Duration: 12 months Location: Work from home / Ballybrit Galway Start Date: ASAP…
Title IT Business/Systems Analyst Summary Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an…