Software Validation Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Software Validation Engineer for their site.
- The Software Validation Engineer is a member of the validation team in the Quality department of the company. S/he is primarily responsible for documentation and execution of validation activities in accordance with validation plans and procedures. This position is primarily based in our Galway facility.
- Includes the generation, development, modification, and routing of Validation Protocols, Final Reports, Standard Operating Procedures, and Change Controls, as they relate to software system or computerised system qualifications.
- Troubleshoot validation issues associated with validation projects.
- Ensure consistency on validation/qualification approach across systems and projects. Review and approve changes to computerised systems to ensure the validation status of the system is maintained.
- Ensure validation documents are up-to-date (primarily MVPs).
- Ensure all results and data are correct and follow-up on any gaps or discrepancies.
- Liaise with the functional owners to ensure that computerised system validation requirements are maintained from Purchase to Qualification.
- Provide guidance and direction in the preparation and execution of validation activities, including carrying out training to staff across various functions.
- Maintain validation procedures and templates up to date, focusing on continuous improvement.
- Mentor personnel with respect to software and computer validation.
- Any other duties as required.
- Degree in Software Engineering or Science/Engineering with 3+ years' experience in a similar role within the Medical Devices or related Healthcare industry.
- Strong knowledge of ISO and FDA quality requirements. Knowledge of electronic records requirements/compliance protocols (cGMP, GMP, FDA regulations, 21 CFR Part 11, 210, 211 and 820 compliance).
- Experience with IQ, IOQ, OQ, PQ and Validation Summary Reports as they relate to ERP system qualification.
- Experience in the validation of PLC, SCADA and HMI.
- Understanding of validation principals and techniques for software and computerized systems as applied in the medical device industry.
- Good understanding of validation concepts and documentation.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to advice and influence.
- Excellent attention to detail and report-writing ability.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise during inspections and regulatory audits.
For further information on this Software Validation Engineer role in Galway please contact Catriona Coogan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval