Telephone: 021 2066287
Our client who are a leading medical device company in Limerick are seeking an experience sourcing manager to join their growing team
What will I be doing?
- Leading cross functional teams to develop best in class strategic sourcing strategies for assigned suppliers and/or commodities in support of business objectives.
- Drive implementation of supplier and/or commodity strategy which will include spend/supply assessments, consolidation strategy, sourcing selection, financial and make v's buy analyses.
- Develop a contract strategy for suppliers and create, negotiate, monitor and enforce when applicable.
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers as well as other disciplines within the businesses. Represent the 'voice of the supplier' in the organization.
- Participate in new product launches; lead supplier selection, requests for quotes and insurance that suppliers are clear on product launch deliverables; collaborate with cross-functional teams for successful launch.
- Responsible for assuring cost standards are established for annual operating budgets.
- May mentor / provide support for graduate /entry level positions.
- You will lead the development and implementation of strategic sourcing activities in assigned suppliers and/or commodities; with goal to obtain the best quality, service, and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation, and supplier management. The Sourcing Manager will lead the development and implementation of strategies and projects related to cost reduction initiatives, new product development, supply base optimization and rationalization, quality improvements, risk assessments, and contract negotiations
What do I need?
- Strong analytical skills, ability to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to express ideas
- Excellent Negotiation skills and Strong Business & Financial Acumen.
- Excellent Communication and Influencing skills.
- Proven Project Management capability with demonstrated results.
- Stakeholder Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Management, Business, Finance, Engineering or similar
- 8 Years sourcing/purchasing experience, or 6 years of which include comprehensive global sourcing experience with a focus on strategic sourcing and supplier development.
- Knowledge and application of supplier contract strategy, negotiations, contractual terms, and contract administration.
For further information on this Sourcing Manager role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval