Senior Manager of Business & Operational Excellence
Our client, a leading medical device company located in Ireland is recruiting for an exciting role (to be based anywhere across EMEA or US) for a Senior Manager of Business & Operational Excellence. If you are motivated to drive transformational change and deliver lasting and scalable results, then check out this role.
Projects involve measuring and analysing current processes, improving operational efficiency/performance, standardizing processes & implementing standard systems of work. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented leader of people, data and numbers driven with both strategic and operational experience in a high-growth transforming organization. This is a highly challenging role at the cutting edge of transforming a function at the periphery of Manufacturing & Supply Chain operations to a newer progressive culture leveraging the tacit knowledge and untapped potential.
- Leads the Global Customer Services Business/Operational Excellence SME team. Ensuring Projects and working teams are set up to deliver expected results.
- Creates the Business & Operational Excellence Strategy with the team.
- Enables 40 Global sites (750+ employees) in order of priority to transform to a culture where “improving the work is the work”.
- Applies continuous improvement tools and techniques, as well as other Lean Six Sigma principles and tools, toward a variety of projects.
- Promotes and instils a culture of Kaizen (Continuous small changes for the better).
- Facilitates workshops and targeted improvement events to help teams quickly achieve strategic objectives
- Works with local team members to identify and prioritize continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensures all improvements are registered on Value Improvement System and appropriate recognition ensues to fuel more improvements.
- Ensures any improvements are in line with driving better customer centricity.
- Works with functional and Customer Service site leaders as a "thought leader" to create future state improvement roadmaps with clear executable plans that are in line with the business strategies improvement needs
- Enables clearer purpose for local teams and helps define the “measures that matter” delivering a suite of KPI’s to enable performance improvement.
- Provides clear linkage between local leading indicator KPI’s to Regional and the Global KPI’s as part of overall cascading balanced scorecard good management practice.
- Works with local team members to instil effective daily work management behaviours, such as daily metric review, Visual Management Systems and Standard work to ensure higher MEASURED performance is a natural outcome via idea generation and implementation.
- Coaches other employees on the use of various tools, concepts and practices foundational to Lean Six Sigma in order that employees to build self-sufficiency, sustainability and scalability.
- Fosters and promotes a systemic culture of structured problem solving, process improvement and PDCA.
- Establishes and deploys formal, targeted training programs that upskills all levels of the CS function in operational excellence principles, systems and tools.
- Demonstrated track record in developing talent through identifying people’s strengths and weaknesses and supporting development needs.
- Set up and participation in Communities of Practice, leading of Lean Business Process/Six Sigma training classes to upskill global organisation, documentation of business processes and completion of required continued learning.
- Meeting/Exceeding SG&A cost as % of revenue targets.
Experience, Education and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor degree with a Lean/Sigma Black belt or equivalent certification highly desired
- 5 + years of demonstrated understanding and experience in operations, continuous improvement, process management, or system thinking
- Demonstrated practitioner experience leading change & enabling higher performing teams via systems thinking.
- Demonstrated evidence of continuous Improvement systems design & execution.
- Extensive experience in planning and implementation of performance improvement and transformation initiatives.
- People management experience leading & influencing large cross-functional team in a matrix and direct capacity.
- Experience in the principles of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Value stream mapping, KPI development, RCA, DMAIC, SIPOC, A3, FMEA, 5S, visual management, fishbone, standard work, statistics, etc.)
- Ability to influence business leaders and management in leading, training and coaching high performing Lean Six Sigma teams is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and Project Management skills (PMP) an advantage
- Prior experience in customer service/operations is an advantage
- Self-starter with problem solving skills who has the ability to make decisions and collaborate across wide scope area.
- Passionate, high energy and results-oriented
- Effective written and verbal communication skills across multiple formats: formal presentations, meetings, conference calls, e-mails, and memos
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- 5-25% travel expected
For further information on this Engineer role in Ireland please contact Anne Marie Fox on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.