|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Sourcing & Supply Specialist
Job ID: JOB-12922
Sourcing & Supply Specialist
We are looking to speak with Supply Chain Professionals about this great new job opportunity in Mayo with one of our leading clients. This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages.
This exciting new job opportunity in Supply Chain is located Mayo.
Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in Mayo and we can talk though if it’s the right job for you.
- Strategy Development: In conjunction with key plant and global functions develop and execute a plant sourcing strategy that optimizes supply base contribution to overall plant strategic objectives.
- People management: No direct reports
- Material Sourcing: Work with cross functional teams to manage the evaluation and approval of alternative raw materials and suppliers ensuring that supply base is capable of supporting requirements.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Manage supplier relationships that drive continuous improvement through the supply chain. Ensure supply base is fully integrated into plant activities and support plant lean programmes e.g. pull replenishment systems, inventory optimization, reduced lead times.
- Material Costs: Support and/or manage material cost improvement and cost avoidance programmes with cross functional teams, resulting in measurable material cost savings that are aligned with plant objectives.
- Supplier Performance: Track and measure supplier performance ensuring that suppliers meet plant expectations on a consistent basis. Review performance on a regular basis and initiative corrective actions with underperforming suppliers. When appropriate escalate significant issues up through the Global Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Quality teams.
- Specifications: Coordinates supplier input with Product Development, Quality Management and operations to ensure that material specification match plant requirements and supplier process capabilities.
- Global Strategic Sourcing: Contribute to Global Strategic Sourcing goals ensuring that the interests are represented.
- Global: Consult and enlist corporate resources as appropriate e.g. legal, packaging, sourcing
Work Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years relevant supplier development relationship experience
- SAP or equivalent MRP system & IT based document control systems
- Primary degree in a relevant Business or Technical area
- IIPMM Diploma – preferable
- APPICS – preferable
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
For more information on this role in Mayo please contact Peter Muldoon on 086 0462367 Email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…