Sr Design & Development Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Sr Design & Development Engineer for their site.
- Together, we will change healthcare worldwide. Join us in our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health and extend life worldwide. Let's work together to address the universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives, optimize costs and efficiencies, and expand global access. Together, we can make a real difference in the global disparity in care. By providing quality care at the lowest possible cost, we will succeed as a company, and take the future of healthcare Further, Together.
- We are global organization that strives without reserve to provide best in class packaging engineering solutions to our customers. Our team supports a broad array of R&D project activity in the Cardiac and Vascular Space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative packaging solutions that drive competitive advantage. Our team is directly connected with the R&D organization from concept thru to commercial realization for a global market place. This Senior Engineer will partake with a development team providing direction thru customer needs; concept iteration, final design and qualification of an entire system in the Cardiac & Vascular space.
- You will provide technical leadership in design & development of solutions that meet customer needs. You will apply solid modelling and predictive engineering tools to build a risk profile for a target concept/design. You will have a high technical material analysis mind set and you will use this to make sound decisions early in the development cycle. You will have a strong customer orientation and you will use this to enlist structured voice of customer feedback during the development process. You will strive to understand edge of failure and knowing this you will execute right first time verification and validation activities. You will provide a robust system that meets the rigor of sterilization and distribution environment. You will have excellent project management skills set. You will have strong interpersonal competency and you will apply this across a team of engineers that will support key program. You will lead change, driving innovative breakthrough ideas, which will add value to the customer experience. You will track key metrics during the design development process in particular right first time focus for critical R&D phase gates. You will drive cost down and focus on this area as part of the design development process. You will partner with a global packaging engineering organization in addition to cross functional staff at other company locations. You will lead technical focused packaging strategic initiatives thru a leadership team, where technical level communication and delivery are required. You will manage thru influence as part of a matrix organization and this also applies to external vendors and test houses. You will understand and comply with company policy and procedures and external standards.
- BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Demonstrate experience of highway design associated with development projects at concept, feasibility and detailed design level.
- Full driving license.
- We are committed to being experts in what we do, with a clear vision of where we are going and the plan to get there.
- Demonstrates Global Business Acumen
- Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions
- Sets Strategic Direction
- We partner with and involve others, knowing that diverse talent, skills, and perspectives lead to better outcomes.
- Collaborates and Creates Alignment
- Attracts, Deploys, and Develops Talent
- Fosters Diversity and Inclusion
- We are bold thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, partners, and customers.
- Focuses on Patient and Customer
- Generates Breakthrough Ideas
- Initiates and Leads Change
- We do what we say we are going to do, delivering results with the highest standards.
- Sets High Standards
- Instils Operational Excellence
- Drives Accountability
- Models Ethical Behaviour
For further information on this Sr Design & Development Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval