Our client, a leading medical device company is looking for a Sr Human Factors Design Engineer for 12-month contract role in Galway.
- Applies human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human machine systems and products.
- Develops and implements research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in all phases of products development and processes.
- Designs and executes tests to simulate product use for the purposes of concept selection/refinement, requirements development, userelated risk identification and formal usability validation with intended users.
- Interfaces with design engineers to establish system design, operating, and training requirements and to ensure optimized human machine interfaces.
- Identifies and analyzes technological problems or risks, performs theoretical human factors investigations, and develops and implements research and analysis plans.
- Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals.
- The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
- Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor.
- Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions. Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes.
- Organisational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
- Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
- Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties .
- Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Analysis provided is indepth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements. Communication and Influence:
- Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision making.
- Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product .
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
The Ideal Candidate
Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline and desirably with 3-5 years relevant experience in performing human factors.
- Candidate will be experienced in usability regulatory standards and requirements.
- Have experience writing formative and summative usability test protocols and reports and designing instructions for use (IFU) documents.
- Have the ability to integrate creative skills with innovative problem solving techniques to support development of design concepts.
- Have experience completing field case research and case study observation with proven ability to apply findings into human interface requirements.
- Candidate is a dynamic team player, with a proven ability to integrate into and influence multidisciplinary teams.
- Good communicator and have strong oral and written technical communication skill
For further information on this Sr Human Factors Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Orla on 0860449473/ email@example.com.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.