Our client, A medical device Company are currently looking to recruit a Sr Supplier Engineer for their site in Cork
Senior Supplier Engineer in the Materials Supplier Engineering Team: This concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities The Materials Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets
- Technical lead on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Demonstrates Technical Leadership skills in Commodity Management.
- Responsible for Establishing & Achieving business objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Drives Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Identifies and Drives Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
The ideal Candidate:
- Level 8 qualification in relevant discipline
For further information on Sr Supplier Engineer in Cork please contact Orla Crowley Healy on 086 0449473 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.