Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Staff Engineer for their site.
Staff Engineer, Advanced Operations
Senior Staff Engineer, AO Additive
- Independently determines and develops approaches to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Uses latest engineering techniques to reduce product time to market whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs.
- Builds productive internal and external working relationships and may periodically provide guidance and train other team members.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the companies new product development procedures.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
- Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- May lead/support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- Will analyse equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. Lead and/or participate in process review meetings.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
- Complete capability studies for in process inspection and generate subsequent Inspection documentation.
- Conduct MSA studies for new products and new processes.
- Provide training for manufacturing team members.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 4 or more years' experience or a related master's degree.
- Proven track record of working in a team based environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better ways of doing things.
- Experience in executing complex problem solving techniques related to manufacturing/design technical issues. Good instincts and sound judgement for mechanical and structural design.
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), related statistical tools and validation/verification techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Certified in validation activities.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
For further information on this Staff Engineer role in Cork please contact Roisin McNamara on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval