Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Staff Engineer for their site.
Summary of Job:
The Senior Engineer Partner Development - Technical Operations has a broad engineering knowledge of material consolidation and finishing operations such as forging, casting, polymer consolidation, machining, grinding, polishing etc. The person will also demonstrate a strong understanding of engineering and validation fundamentals. This person will be responsible for identifying improvement opportunities, developing project business cases, establishing feasibility and providing technical leadership on raw materials projects as part of strategic technology Virtual teams. Innovative and pragmatic solutions will be developed to a wide range of problems. He/she must exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selected methods and techniques to obtain the desired results. Typical projects will have a significant impact to the franchise and category management business plan. This position requires the ability to identify value improvement opportunities, demonstrate feasibility of proposed solutions and manage the improvement and related changes.
- Manage projects and lead cross functional teams to address quality, compliance, supply continuity, and cost management challenges.
- Within the Virtual Teams, owns overall responsibility and technical oversight for the identification, planning, organizing, execution, and coordination of continuous improvement projects at key, strategic material suppliers.
- Lead Cost Gap Modeling activities as part of the Virtual Teams.
- Trouble-shoot significant manufacturing process deviations and develop short and long-term solutions to prevent re-occurrence and advises quality partners on technical questions.
- Perform technical assessments of suppliers and external manufacturers related to manufacturing processes. Identifies and provides solutions to close compliance gaps and improve overall quality performance.
- Maintains clear communication with internal and external business partners regarding expectations, satisfaction, or quality of results.
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise to internal functions on supplier related projects and processes
- Leads a team to identify, investigate and develop technology roadmaps and best practices to be deployed
- Interface and manage relationships with critical business stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of best practices across the Business (Regulatory, Design, Operations, Quality, Engineering)
- Manage technology development collaboration efforts with machining SME's, Virtual Teams, strategic partners and academic and research institutes.
- Standardise technologies, processes and data in the external manufacturing to facilitate value in the areas of Quality, Service, Growth and Cost.
- Identify and manage technical relationships with third party vendors that provide critical process and product development support
- Promote a quality-focused culture within the Virtual Teams ensuring adherence to cGMP's and Quality Systems as defined in the Quality Manual
- Provide timely and accurate central reporting on project activities to the project sponsors, stakeholders and senior management.
Organizational & Talent Development
- Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and Site/Corporate objectives
- Supports teamwork and staff development through a commitment to mentoring and technical leadership
- Implement Program and Project Management Best Practices within the Partner Development Function.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Partner Development Function.
Complexity & Change
- Performs pioneering engineering work as part of major programs
- Develop and maintain an environment of continuous improvement and process excellence
- Successfully integrate new technologies and processes into existing manufacturing operations ensuring good performance metrics and capacity planning
Customer & Marketplace focus
- Instill and maintain a sense of urgency and customer focus within Partner Development and on the Virtual Team.
- Prioritize projects in line with business requirements & strategic Engineering Excellence objectives.
- Act as voice of the customer.
Collaboration & Teaming
- Work with engineering leaders to ensure consistency within the Virtual Teams.
- Lead or actively participate in relevant cross-functional virtual teams to ensure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner
Key Competencies Required
- Strong work ethic
- Must be a strong collaborator with an outgoing personality and capable of building relationships quickly, both remotely and face to face.
- Strong influencing skills - Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem solving skills - To assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making - Required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility - Must be capable of managing and developing the Partner Development team responsible for Raw Material Virtual Teams.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Extent of Confidentiality - Discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies & regulatory.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years manufacturing experience in an Engineering role within a multinational company, preferably in a highly regulated sector.
- Proven Track Record in collaborating on virtual teams that are spread across multiple sites and different cultures
- Proven Track Record in the delivery of cross functional projects
- The ability to perform independent assessment of component or process alternatives or modifications is preferred.
- Experience interacting with raw material suppliers and/or finished goods manufacturers is a preference.
- Prior experience participating in process efficiency improvement, technology transfer into base business, or cost reduction projects is highly desired.
- A Process Excellence or Lean training or certification would be highly desired (Six Sigma/Lean Green or Black Belt).
- Experience in an environment where trade secrets and intellectual property needs to be protected, would be a All candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, have strong decision making and problem solving skills and outstanding interpersonal relationship and people skills.
- The ability to function as a team player and work in a matrixes, cross functional organization is a must.
- This position will require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
For further information on this Staff Engineer role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval