Staff Process Development Engineer
- Join team developing new polymer manufacturing processes for medical devices. Independently determines and develops approaches to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Uses latest engineering techniques to reduce product time to market whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs. Builds productive internal and external working relationships and may periodically provide guidance and train other team members.
Talents we are looking for:
- User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients’ lives.
- Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what’s next.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Analytical problem solvers . People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- The role will provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the new product development procedures. You will ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications. You will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- You may be required to lead/support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation. You will participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
Qualifications and skills
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 4 or more years’ experience or a related masters degree.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better ways of doing things.
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), related statistical tools and validation/verification techniques.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design.
For further information on this Staff Process Development Engineer in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.