Staff Process Engineer
Staff Process Engineer
Our client a leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a Staff Process Engineer
This role will be part of a team whose focus is to invent new process technology to enable next-generation devices. The team has a global focus to differentiate the company as the number 1 medical devices and component manufacturer.
This role is for an individual contributor who can push the bounds of current capabilities and deliver the next generation of robust products and processes. Someone who can demonstrate and apply a deep understanding of process development. The role offers diversity, and the opportunity to become a process development expert.
The immediate project is to revolutionize the cleaning and passivation processes. This project will involve specifying and contributing to the design of a bespoke automated cleaning & passivation system for new products. The Staff Process Engineer will work with internal and external consultants, suppliers and stakeholders to identify the best technologies available. Where possible these improved technologies can be implemented on existing chemical cleaning processes.
Working hours will be split between an office base and a hands-on role. There will be an element of travel visiting equipment and chemical suppliers as required. The successful candidate may be needed to support operational demands in exceptional situations.
- Identify and implement world-class process technology, specifically cleaning and passivation technology.
- Design, develop and build oversight of world-class cleaning, passivation and electro polishing equipment.
- Sets an example by applying best practice structured problem-solving, Lean principals, and best practice process development.
- Use Six-Sigma tools such as DOE’s, response surface and optimal designs to develop robust processes and tolerance critical process inputs.
- Transfer of process technology to New Product Development teams and/or Sustaining Engineering.
- Contribute to product and process technology roadmap.
- Assess the suitability of the existing cleaning & passivation cell and the new cleaning & passivation cell for use with new projects and products.
- Establish a position as onsite Subject Matter Expert (SME) for metal finishing and ensure process improvements are designed to enhance existing manufacturing capability.
- Lead initiatives to reduce waste and move towards green technology.
- Assess the safety of all chemical raw materials, equipment and processes on-site.
- Ensure new equipment meets or exceeds site safety standards.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Level 8 Engineering, Chemistry, Sciences or equivalent qualification.
- Proven track record in a similar role with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience at this level within the Medical Device or related industry.
- Excellent “hands-on” process development technical abilities.
- Chemical process development experience a distinct advantage.
- Self-motivated individual with a keen initiative towards tackling problems and challenges.
- Proven ability to influence people from other functions.
- Good organization, supervisory and investigation skills are required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Six-Sigma and or equivalent process development applied knowledge.???
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.