Telephone: 086 0449371
Staff Procurement (Indirect)
Our client, a company in Clare is currently looking to recruit a Staff Procurement (Indirect) for their site.
What will I be doing
- To provide a broad range of strategic, operational and tactical procurement expertise and support to the Indirect Spend procurement process and personnel in EMEAI and to the global strategic Commodity Management Groups.
- To direct and manage all the indirect spending savings programs in EMEAI.
- To directly manage the indirect savings within a matrix team structure in EMEAI.
- All activities must be carried out in accordance with current good manufacturing practices, internal and corporate policies and procedures, ISO, FDA and Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
- Project leadership of both single site and global, high value indirect spend projects on behalf of the strategic sourcing function
- Identification and preparation of indirect spend projects for competitive bidding.
- Develop stakeholder engagement with Functional Businesses, including Workshop management
- In-depth analysis of spend data, RFP results and post negotiation optimization
- Contracting with vendors and implementation of selected solutions
- Vendor negotiations and supplier relationship management
- Manage and support the achievement of Indirect Spend annual savings target for EMEAI region
- Identify and quantify potential cost saving purchasing measures in line with current best practice and implement same where appropriate.
- Engage with senior business leaders to develop greater collaboration
- Contribute to the strategy development to derive greater value from various sites across EMEAI region
- Leadership of the selection and development of suppliers, contract and price negotiations, supplier management - strategic function.
- Direct management and leadership of the indirect spending team in EMEAI
- Develop strategic alliances with key suppliers in support of BC global business.
- Maintain purchasing department code of ethics in line with best practice.
- Provide leadership and direction to procurement personnel within the EMEAI commercial organisations.
- Support the Clare site strategic procurement process as required.
What do I need
Third level degree and/ or qualification in an appropriate discipline
A minimum of eight years proven experience, preferably in a GMP/FDA/IMB regulated industry.
- Proven experience in strategic sourcing/procurement, indirect spend, project management and project team leadership
- Experience in a Lean Six Sigma environment is desirable
- Mature well developed communication, interpersonal, team player and self-motivating competencies are required
- Must be able to lead a number of cross functional team projects in achieving their respective goals and savings
- Ability to Influence others
- Must deliver hard savings results and possess the technical skills necessary
- Ability & willingness to work in a matrix organization with direct & indirect reporting relationships
- Ability & willingness to achieve excellent results with minimal supervision.
- Frequent travel of up to an average of 25% is required. Travel regions will be mainly to Europe and the US.
For further information on this Staff Procurement (Indirect) role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval