My multinational medical device manufacturing client whom are ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry; are recruiting a Staff R&D Engineer for their flagship Galway site
STAFF R&D ENGINEER
You will be Part of a Group of Lead Technical Engineers for the portfolio of devices currently being designed and produced in Galway.
The Staff R&D Engineer will report to the R&D Manager and will have a good application knowledge of Catheters and access technologies in at least one of the following therapy areas: Structural Heart, Coronary and Neurovascular Applications.
You will need experience in taking a design through from concept, to feasibility, to design verification and validation. Ideally you will have had some exposure to design transfer and product commercialization too.
- You will be Meeting Customers and Assessing User Needs
- You will need to have Strong Communication Skills to ensure with the customer, that both explicit and implicit requirements are well understood and taken into account
- Lead Project Teams through Design Device Development through concept development, design freeze, design verification / validation and transfer into manufacturing to deliver projects against agreed milestones with key customers
- Drive Project Improvement Activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, six sigma, design experimentation to achieve targets and manufacturing costs
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal Cross-Functional teams to deliver project goals
- Build and maintain a Network of Relationships in all functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing)
- Participate and contribute to ongoing efficiency and Improvement Programs and make recommendations on future technical capability growth.
- Contribute to Business Development opportunities including customer visits (including foreign travel) as well as proposal development and generation and technical review of opportunities
Qualifications & Skills
- Level 8 Degree or Masters in Engineering / Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university
- 10+ Years’ Experience in Medical Devices, with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage
- Ideally you will have knowledge and understanding of the Quality and Regulatory (design control) requirements associated with all phases of product design and development
- A proven track record of In-depth knowledge of a broad range of Minimally Invasive Catheters, their construction, and application – if not catheters, then another medical device of high complexity
- Ability to Maintain Multiple Projects simultaneously is essential
- Some knowledge of Sterilization and Biocompatability requirements
- The perfect candidate will have experience in the design of composite shafts and their manufacturing processes, including:
- Braiding, Coiling, welding, coating, and Catheter assembly methods
- Braiding, coiling, lamination and tipping
- Knowledge of their end-use invasive procedures
- Laser cutting and welding
- Annual bonus
- Health insurance
- Life Assurance
- Christmas bonus voucher
- Paid holidays
- Free parking & overflow carpark
- Subsidised canteen
- Sports & Social membership
- Training & development opportunities
- Educational Assistance
For further information on this Staff R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.