STAFF R&D ENGINEERDescription
My multinational medical device manufacturing client whom are ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry; are recruiting an R&D/Product Development Manager to support the business as it grows and expands its product portfolio.
You will be leading the Product Development team, customers and internal stakeholders to develop new and novel catheter applications in the companies’ key value driver therapies.
You will be part of a group of lead technical engineers for the portfolio of devices currently being designed and produced in Galway. You will be the technical lead and steer the R&D team and stakeholders ensuring the correct design, technologies and test equipment are identified and used. You will mentor, train and support the development of the Product Development Engineering team within the R&D group.
The Staff R&D Engineer will report to the R&D Manager and will have a good application knowledge of catheters and access technologies in at least one of the following therapy areas: structural heart, coronary and neurovascular applications. The staff engineer will have good product technology, process technology as applied in catheters and be knowledgeable in the design and development design control process and overall product development cycles. A very strong technical background in catheter technologies and construction is essential.
- Lead project team(s) to deliver project(s) against agreed milestones with key customers.
- The Staff R&D Engineer will be responsible for the technical leadership and deliverables for the project.
- Communicate project status, performance, and risks to the key stakeholders.
- Lead the service delivery requirements on time in full (OTIF) for the group.
- Customer management: The Staff R&D Engineer will have responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project and is consulted on functional issues that could affect the relationship.
- The Staff R&D Engineer ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, six sigma, design experimentation to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing).
- Participate and contribute to ongoing efficiency and improvement programs and make recommendations on future technical capability growth.
- Contribute to business development opportunities including customer visits (including foreign travel) as well as proposal development and generation and technical review of opportunities.
- Level 8 degree or Masters in Engineering / Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years’ experience in medical devices, with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the quality and regulatory (design control) requirements associated with all phases of product design and development.
- A proven track record of leading teams through design device development through concept development, design freeze, design verification / validation and transfer into manufacturing.
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of Minimally Invasive Catheters, their construction, and application.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer & sales expectations.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of composite shafts and their manufacturing processes, including:
- Braiding, Coiling, welding, coating, and Catheter assembly methods.
- Braiding, coiling, lamination and tipping.
- Knowledge of their end-use invasive procedures.
- Laser cutting and welding.
- Annual bonus
- Health insurance
- Life Assurance
- Christmas bonus voucher
- Paid holidays
- Free parking & overflow carpark
- Subsidised canteen
- Sports & Social membership
- Training & development opportunities
- Educational Assistance
Product Development, R&D, Medical Devices, Catheter, Leadership, Project Management, Customer Focused, Access Technologies, Coronary & Neurovascular
For further information on this Staff R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.